Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Skarmy
Fire Beetle

Default Hello everyone, I'm new! And looking..

I'm looking for what I think you guys call.. a progression server.

I am new, VERY new to EQ, I played EQ2 for like 20 levels and that was it, so I'm very un-sure about what is going on in-game on my interface most of the time, but I do know that I want an experience on a server as close to the real thing with quests and following lore I can get on an emu server.. any suggestions?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

if you want it to be as close 2 live as you can.

like the xp , quests , lore , mobs

Server to try is PeQ , there currently on PoP atm , so 65 is max levels

they have a number of devs trying to make it as close to live as they can
Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

a word of warning - if you only played EQ2 - eq1 going to be VERY hard for you. The eq1 wasn't designed with SOLO gameplay in mind. So you will either have to continuously look for group, or like on some servers (PEQ included) box more than 1 char at a time (usualy 3-4) to get anywhere past level 20-30.

Or you can go to a custom server which has difficulty reduced enough to be able to solo
Old 10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Bah start out on project 1999 get the feel of EQ from day one. Not later on with the bloated economy and no one online feel. LFG on Project 99 10mins max.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Skarmy
Fire Beetle

Thanks a lot everyone, I had a feeling that things would be tough for me in EQ compared to all the other games I played, playing EQ reminds me a lot of playing D&D and kind of like multiplayer NWN, or even some of the MUDs I've played, so things are a bit complex, but I like it, I don't like the watered down games out today, and that's why I am here.

I played a bit on PEQ, I have a level 8 or so ranger there, but I couldn't figure out how to get into the city in Feydark or get quests from the begginer quest NPCs. I'll try Pro-1999 though, sounds like fun!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Skarmy
Fire Beetle

Well, I've been playing PEQ (1999's experience rate was god awful), and I have to say, abd I'm pretty indifferent about my experience so far, I'm up to level 10 (9 since I died twice) and soloing is about the only thing for a low level player because there aren't many people around LFG at these levels, and maybe I'm doing some thing wrong but it seems that as a ranger I'm pretty weak.. I'll try to stick with it though, this game really calls to me, I like the complexity and the lack of linear gameplay.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:59 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

yeah P1999 is basicly pure hard core original EQ1 - i played 10 years ago and would never go back - it was kind of thing that made game into a full time job to get anywhere past lev 20

PEQ is more of modern day eq, its relaxed on certain parts but stil not very solo friendly - most people on PEQ box 2-4 char at a time - ala running around in their own group.

The original EQ1 classes are fun play - and I love ranger, but thing really going to start to suck past lev 20 - prety much the only way you will be able to solo is by fear kiting animals. And past lev 50 solo gameplay STOPS for good for prety much all classes, except mayby druids and necros, and even them is slow and painfull.

I have played eq2 for almost 2 years, and I like its pace of progression a lot more than original eq1, and specialy the fact that grouping is non mandatory there. Unfortunately there is realy no Emu server atm which would simulate eq2 style of gameplay, without becoming spoon-fed with things like- epics at level 5.

I am currently working on my own server which would be more like eq2 while having eq1 spirit, but itы going to be a while before its done. Until then i would recomend Storm Heaven server.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:23 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Wizards can solo up to lvl 65 at least (last time I played live eq)