Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

Talking Velious Armor Textures - screenshots and a little more

this may be redundant or old information but thought i would share for nice nostalgia and enjoyment. also maybe a place to put all this stuff together...not a major "find" but could be usefull

only took me a day or two of messing around, trial and error and searching to finally figure this stuff out (never found complete info on this).

this only works with pre-luclin models and you must enable the velious expansion on your server and everyone who logs into it must also turn on velious textures in their eqclient.ini - change LoadArmor17-23 from =FALSE to =TRUE

this is a basic description of each texture that i observerd

17 - Cloth (Velious Leather on Allakhazams, Icy in EQemu guidebook)
18 - Ringmail (Vel Chain on Allah, Dragonskin in guide)
19 - Scale (Vel Plate on Allah, Stability pattern in guide)
20 - Leather (Vel Leather2 on Allah, Ulthork in guide)
21 - Chain (Vel Chain2 on Allah, Ry'gorr pattern in guide)
22 - Plate (Plate2 on Allah, Gaurdian pattern in guide)
23 - Monk (Vel Monk on Allah, took me awhile to find this, not listed in guidebook)

i was going nuts trying to find the helmet texture when i randomly tried holding a custom velious helm and using #iteminfo, saw IDF: IT240 and tried using 240 and it was the one! so...

240 - Custom Velious Helm texture

as far as i can tell there are no custom velious robe textures? another thing to note, i couldnt figure out which texture was the monk armor because it seemed as if only textures 17-22 worked until i changed my npc to class 7 (monk) and it changed to the right graphic with 23. now that i think of it i didnt test caster classes with the chain/plate (i did notice warlock's armor was all texture 20 except the chest - robe) texture but im not sure who would want a necro npc wearing velious chain or plate...

i think im forgetting something else i was going to add but here at the pictures...lol my monitor is at 1680x1050 so you might have to scroll >_<

Iksar - first cause they are the coolest imo!~

Barbarian

Dark Elf

Dwarf

Erudite - female helm graphic here doesnt seem to be working 100% like it should..

Gnome

Half Elf

Halfing

High Elf

Human

Ogre - didnt want to take the time to spread ogre/troll out lol...might fix it later

Troll - would probably be worth spreading them out, some of these are just SIIICK lookiing...

Wood Elf

Monk

and lastly...sorry just realized its a bit dark, will have to get a better example later

Blue Plate

made this picture because i wanted to reference another thread i read when trying to find out how to change the armor tint on npcs....

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28182

Trevius, if you or someone else that reads this ever did find a fix for this would be great to know!

I was also testing out some weapons graphics. i heard the npc had to have the item in its loot table for it to show but i just changed the value in GeorgeS npc editor under the "held weapon" value and it showed fine?

something i really wish i could have found and still would like to see is a list of helm textures and held weapon(shield) textures...anyone know where i could find these? in GeorgeS npc editor i noticed for some weapon textures he had a picture icon showing many of them so someone has done some work compiling many of these....

gotta love velious!

Nyrod