Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Mooch
Fire Beetle

Default Twist of Fate

Due to me not being able to successfully set up my own server I'm handing out my ideas for the server. It was going to be a Custom Legit Server. With PvP but I do understand that could take some time so I added that to the things to do.

Custom: The server was going to be old world only, and not every zone. PoP ruins pvp, and from what I can remember old world was really fun and not many complaints. I was basically going to have 4 towns, Qeynos - Erudin - Freeport - Keletin. When PvP comes out later those 4 towns would be the teams. Each town has its own guild, which is the team. Now the zones were still undecided, I was going to decide as I went along. It was mainly going to be the zones in-between the towns. The further away you were from the town the harder the zones would be. ALL custom items and mobs.

Legit: Exp was going to be at 1.0. No # commands at all. Zones would also be very detailed. Sky changes, pathings and quests.

PvP: Right when you hit lvl 10 you are PvP flagged. When you start, depending on what race and class you are you are assigned to a team(town). So right when you start, you start in the guild. When you kill a player within 10 levels you are rewarded not only with the coins that are on the corpse but you get to loot 1 item. Not bags, but you are able to loot an item in a bag.

Other: No NO DROP items, which yes does mean when PvP is implemented it will be "hardcore". Having quest items looted and epics. Hence the server name, Twist of Fate. Later down the line adventure points would be given to those who successfully kill someone within the 10 levels. With those points you can trade them in for items or cash. Spells would also be old world only. It may take some time to go through the spells but only pre expansion spells would be available. Also every 10 levels your class name would change. All the way to 50. Faction for creatures close you team town can be gained by killing creatures around a specific opponents team town.

Yup that's my grand server idea. Main reason why I wanted to start my own server is because first off I think this would make an awesome server and second I'm tried of devoting my time to creating characters on servers and then having the server disappear. If someone could make a server like this and actually keep it up all the time then I would gladly donate to help out. Please feel free to comment or give some suggestions.

-Drudge Wagwo
Old 09-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Mooch
Fire Beetle

Lol guess its a crappy idea :P

Doesn't matter though, with my new comp and everything I should be able to run it now 24/7.

-Drudge Wagwo
Old 09-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Sounds like fun to me
Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

i'll play for sure, when are you going to put the server up?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Mooch
Fire Beetle

Well it's going to be my first server. So I'm learning. With this new 5.8 released it'll take a little longer. I hope to learn along the way. I'll try the have the server up and running asap. Once it's up it'll be up 24/7, with the exception of patches.

-Drudge Wagwo