Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:29 PM
n1xx0n
Fire Beetle

Default Can't "Enter World"

Hey.

After reading a few setup guides I followed this thread http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36552 to set up my own EQEmu server.

There were a few additions to make but I got it running. As client I use a fresh install of the titanium edition.

When I entered a zone there were no NPCs, so i read some more and saw errors about missing tables and found the required sqls in the git repo.

Unfortunately now I get stuck after "Enter World". There are no database errors anymore, it just says the client disconnected.

Wrapped up: I started with peqdb_rev2506.sql and I could enter but no NPCs, now after the additional required sqls I can't enter anymore.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know where to look for pointers anymore...
Old 07-14-2013, 04:31 PM
n1xx0n
Fire Beetle

As it seems the client gets disconnected instantly:

[07.14. - 20:25:28] [WORLD__CLIENT] n1xx0n: Attempting autobootup of rathemtn (50:0)
[07.14. - 20:25:28] [WORLD__ZONE] [5] [] Setting to 'rathemtn' (50:0)
[07.14. - 20:25:28] [WORLD__CLIENT] n1xx0n: Entering zone rathemtn (50:0)
[07.14. - 20:25:28] [WORLD__ZONE] [5] [rathemtn] Broadcasting a world time update
[07.14. - 20:25:28] [WORLD__ZONE] [5] [rathemtn] Setting to 'rathemtn' (50:0)
[07.14. - 20:25:28] [WORLD__CLIENT] n1xx0n: Sending client to zone rathemtn (50:0) at 192.168.2.112:7004
[07.14. - 20:25:29] [WORLD__CLIENT] n1xx0n: Client disconnected (not active in process)
[07.14. - 20:25:29] [WORLD__ZONELIST] Removing zoneserver #5 at :7004
Old 07-15-2013, 06:30 PM
n1xx0n
Fire Beetle

Default Database setup

I researched some more about not being able to enter zones but nothing has come up. It looks to me as it has to be the database setup.

So far I tried 2 ways to get it work with the current version of EQEmu:

First setup
* I checked out http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/peqdatabase
* Installed
peqdb_rev2506.sql
load_player.sql
load_views.sql
load_qs.sql
load_bots.sql
load_login.sql
EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql (from EQEmu git)

Second setup
* Downloaded peqbeta_2013-07-15-02_01.tar.gz
* Installed peqbeta, source_views and user_tables

Common for both
* started with an empty database
* inserted proper values in tblLoginServerAccounts and tblWorldServerRegistration
* installed the required sqls from the EQEmu git

All the logs report no errors but this one repeatedly
zones.log:[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_0x, but it is already running.

Any ideas? Could someone please perhaps post a database setup that works?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:38 PM
sorvani
Dragon

N/m misread your post, see you tried the fit DB.. No idea off the top of my head. I'll read this again when I am at home.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM
n1xx0n
Fire Beetle

Default out of ideas

Hey there.

I've tried a few more combinations of db setups, increased timeouts, used various combinations of static and dynamic zones in the launcher. No success.

When I increased the debug level to 10 I found a few 'std' name spaces missing in zone/client_packet.cpp:[408|415|426] for hex, setw, setfill and dec.

Beyond that there is only a Unable to read perl file 'plugin.pl' which caught my attention.

Without the 2013_07_11_NPC_Special_Abilities.sql NPCs cant be loaded and I can enter any zone. Thus the trouble should be the NPC loading or something after that.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions or directions where I should investigate further. It's probably some tiny little thing I keep overlooking...
Old 07-20-2013, 04:35 AM
n1xx0n
Fire Beetle

Default older version working

I'm not sure if anyone is interested but I got it working with an older version of the eqemu software.

I used the check out from February 28th and used no required sql updates: NPCs, quests, zoning etc are working. Still it is not what I was out to do, so I'll probably keep trying to get the most recent version running.

sorvani, I read in a different post that you set up your database on a daily basis with the most recent dump from peq db. Could you set it up once from scratch and tell me if that works? As far as I could see you dont drop the whole database. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
sorvani
Dragon

You do not get a lot more from scratch than source drop_system.sql
I do that daily.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:04 PM
freezzo
Fire Beetle

I have this same problem. I was hoping I wouldn't have to revert back to a previous build. Any updates?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 PM
n1xx0n
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Working

Got it working now with the current EQEmu source and the daily dump.

I started from the working februrary source and the old peqdb release. Then I updated the source, recompiled, downloaded current peqdb and only used
drop_system.sql
peqdaily.sql
2013_07_11_NPC_Special_Abilities.sql...

worked.

There has to be something I forgot or that is wrong with setting up the db from scratch with the daily dump and the user tables provided. If I find some time on the weekend I might investigate.