Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-14-2003, 11:26 AM
haecz
Hill Giant

Default Silly little Saddam!! :D

they got him, hoooorraaaaayyy!!

people been riding around in their cars honking the horn
all day now, hahahha...
(i live in sweden, so this i pretty rare)
Old 12-14-2003, 01:40 PM
danipunk
Sarnak

Why are you happy?
This would make you more secure? Sure not.

I can't explain my ideas because TRUMPCARD want to BAN me for life, but I think I could ASK this questions that I wrote at the beginning of this reply, or not?....

Time will give me the answer.
Thanks Trumpky, for let me post this few lines. I can feel that the freedom of speech is going well, like the rebuilding in Irak. hehe
Old 12-14-2003, 01:58 PM
mattmeck

Actualy I am realy happy they cought him, He is responcible for over 300,000 of his own peoples deaths including an estimated 100,000 children under the age of 10. Anyone who would kill his own people with sutch disreguard needs to be given to the people so they can deal with him. And as a side note, that is exactly what the US is going to do. It is going to be a public trial with the Iraky people judge, jury, and exicutioners. So hate the US all you want, but I agree with the policy's that state we wont watch inocent children be butchered for fun.

danipunk hate the US all you want that is your right, but can you honestly say that Saddam had the right to rape women then have them exicuted when he got bored with them? Or how about his dismembering partys? you know where they Tortured someones entire family including newborns and elderly, just because someone pissed Saddam off?
Old 12-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I wont ban you for posting your opinion, you're free to it. I got pissed because you rejoiced at the death of innocent people. I could care less about your opinion, but when you laugh at the misery of others, then I take offense. As far as hating america, thats your perogative. You've shown repeatedly that you don't have any basis for your opinions so most of us just discount what you say as moronic anyways...
Old 12-14-2003, 09:19 PM
mollymillions
Hill Giant

Most people in the world would be concerned that the US might decide they need liberating, so make sure you get your trade policies right.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:31 AM
haecz
Hill Giant

hey, im not in any ways a US-fan, i might be considerd the opposite, but as mattmeck said. its a good thing that they
cought him...but the way the US handle things is NOT
the propper way...
starting a war against Iraq, from my POV without a reason.
and then capture Saddam to make them look good again,
thats just stupid.. they should lay of trying tom play the
worlds wise big brother.....
which they aren't...
Old 12-15-2003, 12:58 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Theres a fine line that has to be danced when deciding when to act and when to stay out of the way.

The last time we kept to ourselves, Germany took 80% of Europe and was 50% of the way into Asia. I know the circumstances are different however.

I dont disagree that we shouldnt have gone into Iraq, but at the same time, when is the right time to act ? Iraq has been a thorn in the side of world diplomancy for years now, and its links to terrorism are well known. Im still amazed we went in without the support of the UN, as far as I know this is the first time we've done anything like that...

Right or wrong its done now...
Old 12-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Master Elrath
Fire Beetle

Well, if we didnt take him, who would?
The French?! Pfffffffft.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:38 AM
Merth
Dragon

There's been a lot of debate on whether the US should have gone into Iraq. I personally support the decision.

There's no question that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction - this was a fact in the early 90's, and is the reason why the UN resolutions were created. The big question was whether Iraq followed through on the resolutions and properly disposed of these WMD's. The UN inspectors were in place in order to ensure this task was carried out, but these inspectors were eventually denied entry.

We had several choices:
1. Trust Saddam's word that these WMD's were destroyed
2. View his defiance as a impending threat
3. Take the defiance with a grain of salt and wait for an imminent threat

Which of the three choices would you take? I choose option 2. The only real debate I see is whether or not it was an impending threat. I believe it was, but that is based on an opinion I formulated on Saddam's character through the media. I'm open to rebuttals.

If I were in Saddam's shoes, and I had truly destroyed the WMD's .. I would have no problem coughing up the evidence. The only reason I see for Saddam to do what he did was if he was hiding something.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:45 AM
mattmeck

I have noticed that nobody is thinking of the people over there. When the UN stopped them from importing / exporting they went from the richest nation in the middle east to the porest, now that they will be able to sell there oil and other national products and import what there lacking there whole standerd of living is going to increase. The US is not taking over there oil wells we are paying to fix everything over there out of our pockest vie tax $, so us self centered americans are rebuilding someone elses country to make there lives better.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:49 AM
SteelDragon
Sarnak

Quote:
Germany took 80% of Europe and was 50% of the way into Asia
The other partner in crime would be Japan. Germany never touched Asia. They couldn't get past mother Russia.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

The motherland is in Asia..

They got pretty damn far into it..

The battle of Stalingrad was one of the bloodiest battles of WWII...
D-Day was nothing compared to Stalingrad.. Russia wasnt too far from buckling under the german steam roller, but germany had started the war on too many fronts and had seriously underestimated the importance of their supply lines into Russia and how hard it was to be able to maintain them.

Japan was giving the Chinese hell at the time, not to mention dragging us into the Pacific theater....
Old 12-15-2003, 07:18 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

There's a quote I picked up from a movie, "The Way of the Gun", which has stuck with me for a long time.

"I would never ask you to trust me. That's the cry of a guilty soul. But trust life. Always trust life."

It means that you can't trust people by their words. You can only trust them to follow their nature.

Now this doesn't apply to everyone. He meant this in regard to himself, as a man who had done bad things to bad men. In a strategic fashion, you can't leave room for trust. Any civilized leader knows that you must cover your ass. This is especially true with anything as threatening as U.N. sanctions, military recourse, etc. The only reason he would tell us to trust him is to make us look bad for not trusting him. Otherwise he'd just hand over the evidence and be done with it.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:23 AM
theobeo92
Fire Beetle

Yay Saddam is Captured! No Parades Here But I'm glad that lil *&$)^&!)^)$(&%)Q (edited ) is finally gone. Now I can pick up where he left off.

Now where did I put that nuclear isotope...
Old 12-15-2003, 09:56 AM
haecz
Hill Giant

tnx Trumpcard for the history lesson :P