Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-01-2002, 05:29 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Default Fleshing out pets.. need information

After getting the EMU all up and runnign last night, to do some pet class testing, I was disheartened to find that almost no pet works, and those that do dont' work right.

Not one to bitch and moan without doing somerthing abot it, I pulled down the code and will be goign through and beefing up pet support if no one has any objections.

However... I need to get, from pet class players, as much information on pets as possible. They dont' have random levels anymore, so a good place to start would be what level does each spell summon.

Also information like MAXHP, Attack values, special attacks, AC, Stats, etc...

Any information that people can give would be appreciated.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:30 PM
steve
Discordant

Can't wait.

What procedure would one use to collect this data? If we could establish a set of mobs to test each pet circle on, then we could have more accurate results...
Old 11-04-2002, 06:49 AM
quester
Hill Giant

What i'm neededing right now is some basic information on what level pet each spell summons, and approximate hitpoints, and max dmgs, as well as any known special attacks.

Once I get that in, I can set up a test server for people to use. We can then have pet classes come test out and compare with thier pets on live eq, and suggest improvements.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:18 AM
Xarslik
Hill Giant

Necro Pets:

http://web.archive.org/web/200110212...s.com/pets.asp

Scroll down, it's a bit outdated but it's generally correct. The spectre pet is actually lvl47 and hits for 69.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:26 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Do you know what the levels for each are now since they aren't random ranges anymore.?
Old 11-04-2002, 08:29 AM
Xarslik
Hill Giant

Just use the highest lvl listed for each.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:26 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Necro pets are just about done. I will be finishing them up after work today.

HOPEFULLY, I will be able to put up a test server for a few people to come and test the pets out, and compare them against live. It all depends on how cooperative my system is.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:45 PM
steve
Discordant

Magician pets:

http://www.magecompendium.com/Pets/Pet_Statistics.htm
Old 11-06-2002, 04:45 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Yeah, I ran into that but it isn't all that helpfull. That table has a LOT of blank spots on it. More blank spots than filled in spots I think :(
Old 11-06-2002, 01:59 PM
steve
Discordant

If you can think of a good way to collect the data, I would be more than happy to use my friends magician to collect it.

I'm just not sure how I would go about getting HP totals, etc. Looked at EQ Companion, but not sure how feasible it would be to use that.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:02 PM
quester
Hill Giant

One slow, but relativly accurate way to get hitpoints is to duel a pet, and log the fight.

Another way is to do a known amount of dmg to a pet or heal a known amount, and do the numbers from their.

For example, if you heal a pet for 500 hitpoints, it its health goes up say 20%, then you would know the pet has 2500 hitpoints (Then again.. my math has always sucked so that could be wrong lol).
Old 11-08-2002, 12:34 PM
quester
Hill Giant

Been rather busy lately .. but just an update. I have necro pets in and working (All pets from 1-65). They still need to be tweaked, and I need to figure out what spell each of the higher ones should proc with the lifetaps. Anyone have ideas on those?
Old 11-08-2002, 09:13 PM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

Default necro pet procs

lifespike on the 44 and 49
lifedraw on the 53+

make 'em proc about 4-5% of the time perhaps?

PoP info:
61 necro pet (legacy of zek) is level 60 warrior (yes not a typo, cons even to 60), has roughly 3k hp and hits for 73 max. pet enrages when low on health.

havent seen higher pets yet.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:31 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Thanks for the info. I determined form the spell data that the 61, 63, and 65 pets are even cons.. But I don't have info on hps and attacks, so thanks.. I'll add that data.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Korakin
Sarnak

Need a peridot on you to make the necro pet proc that, don't forget to work that in...if it's possible.