Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
bigboobies
Banned

Default No Server List?

I did everything right, and it was working for me fine.....why isnt it loading up the server list when i login?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
bigboobies
Banned

wow some help this forum really gives......i got the server list to come up but its not letting me connect
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM
trevius
Developer

Please have a little patience when asking for support. We all help here voluntarily.

Your question is a fairly common one and some forum searching would probably answer your question. As for not being able to connect, you need to try to be more specific in explaining your issue. Otherwise, people are less likely to help out because your issue is too vague.

Not being able to connect could be multiple issues:

1. The server you are trying to connect to isn't allowing public connections. Try another server.

2. If you tried multiple servers and can connect to none of them, then you have an issue on your side.

3. If you live in a dorm or are playing at work, you might be using a proxy that is blocking port 5998, which means you won't be able to connect.

4. If you are running a P2P or Torrent program, it might be using all of your bandwidth. Try turning them all off.

5. You may have a firewall that is blocking EQ. Disable all firewalls.

6. If you are running a Dual Core CPU or Windows Vista, you will probably need to read the following post and apply at least one of the fixes listed in it:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

7. You may need to adjust your Windows Desktop and/or your Everquest Resolution settings.

And there are other reasons as well. So, you can see why being more specific can help us to help you. This also explains why people were probably reluctant to post a reply to help, because there is no simple short answer to your problem. Reading the forums and searching can help a lot, and being as descriptive as possible also helps us to define your problem better.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Flare83
Sarnak

i get this issue alot, just keep trying it eventually shows you the server list. I know it sucks but o well.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
bigboobies
Banned

trust me i read the forums and searched and you gave that exact same answer to everyone else

lawlz
Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
trevius
Developer

If you don't want to be appreciative when offered help, then you should stop asking for it. So far all you have offered is lack of patience and lack of appreciation.

As I said, we all help here voluntarily, so being disrespectful isn't going to get you very much help. We aren't paid customer service, so we don't have to deal with people who don't appreciate it.

The reason I took the time to write the post I did was to try to help you even though you only gave very limited information on your issue. The reason it is similar to other responses I have given to others is because it is a fairly common issue and so there are some fairly standard resolutions to that issue.

If you have already tried all of the suggestions I made and ruled out that none of them are your issue, then you will need to give more details on your issue. Maybe stuff like posting your eq log files, or more descriptive details on exactly what you are seeing when you have this issue. If you have read the forums as you said, then you should have seen plenty of people asking for help that give very good details of their issues. You could use those posts as a guideline for your own when asking for help. The more information we have, the easier it is to help.

I don't claim to be the Magical Emulator Guru or anything. But, I do have a decent amount of experience with it and with resolving many common issues on it. I try to offer any help I can, where ever I can, even if it isn't the perfect answer or solution. I normally try to make a few common suggestions to try first and if none of those work, I try to give any other suggestions if I can think of any. I think the list of 7 things I suggested in this post are plenty of things to get started with. For any more help, I would need more information. Though, maybe someone else has a better solution.

I am sorry if this post sounds rude. I normally try to refrain from posting anything negative. Maybe I am reading your posts wrong, but it sounds to me like you are being a little disrespectful. And if that attitude continues, you probably aren't going to get much help from the people on these forums, and I definitely wouldn't be helping any further.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:13 AM
bigboobies
Banned

what furthermore details would you like kind sir? There isn't any really...like I said....eqemu always worked fine before and now when I try to login NO SERVERS Will appear on the listing........I've tried over, and over again...I've also reinstalled the game, and went over everything you suggested.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Tantalar
Sarnak

Fail......
Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 AM
trevius
Developer

The types of details I would like are:

Quote:
eqemu always worked fine before and now when I try to login NO SERVERS Will appear on the listing
Define "before" please. Is that yesterday, the day before, last week, 2 years ago, or before, when you were playing at your friend's house?

If it works one day and then not the next, then just figure out what was changed that day.

Are you getting any messages at all when you try to log onto servers? Maybe you are banned from the server you are trying. Is it freezing up completely, or is it eventually timing out and going back to the login screen, or is the window crashing completely, or are you getting any error codes like 1017?

Which servers have you tried?

Try resetting your router. If that doesn't help, try connecting your PC directly to your cable/dsl modem and see if that helps.

Make 100% sure you are using a legal copy of EQ Titanium and not an illegal downloaded version. Illegal copies are not supported on these forums.

Did you possible patch to EQLive even partially for any reason? If so, completely uninstall EQ, delete the whole directory and install it again from scratch and make sure not to patch.

Quote:
i got the server list to come up but its not letting me connect
Are you able to get to the server list ever or not? Some posts you say you can't, but one post you said you can... It doesn't always work 100% of the time.

What type of internet connection are you using? What are your PC stats? Maybe you should adjust your Datarate file.

That should be enough to keep you busy for now.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
bigboobies
Banned

I've been playing eqemu for months now at MY house...I have a direct connection there is nothing wrong with it and im behind no proxies like I said I've already gone over everything you've suggested. I've only seen the server list once this week, and it still didn't let me connect to ANY of the servers. Now its just completely invisible, and NO i am not banned from anywhere, its just not connecting as you can see. Whats this adjusting my datarate file? What is this you're talking about an illegal copy? I'm sorry but i BOUGHT mine from the store for your info, and no i have not patched no eq live. Like I said I've gone over just about every suggestion you have made.....i suppose i'll just got play shards of dalaya then

good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalar View Post
Fail......
Um ok??
Old 08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboobies View Post
i suppose i'll just got play shards of dalaya then
If you have played on SoD before then you used their patcher, which will make EQ not compatible with the emulator. It is best to make an extra copy of the EQ directory for servers with custom files.

Try a fresh install (after uninstalling and deleting the EQ directory complete) and I am 90% sure it will fix it.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM
bigboobies
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
If you have played on SoD before then you used their patcher, which will make EQ not compatible with the emulator. It is best to make an extra copy of the EQ directory for servers with custom files.

Try a fresh install (after uninstalling and deleting the EQ directory complete) and I am 90% sure it will fix it.
I thank you for taking your time to give out information but I've already done that a few times now lol....I'll patch SoD and play & get bored so I do a fresh install to try and get back on eqemu, and still no server list...yes ive made sure to delete the entire everquest folder as well.....I actually got the server list to load today once....but then the server I was on crashed, and i attempted to relogin again but once again it failed to appear.

I don't know
Old 08-15-2008, 08:27 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I'm going to make a few statements and then offer up some advice and then you won't see me back in this thread until you prove to me in some way that you respect the people that you're asking for help...

1. Your username is childish, inappropriate, and if I knew nothing more about you I would think you might be a jerk.
2. Now that I do know more about you, I know you're a jerk.
3. Getting on an emulator server can require patience, and you have so far proven that you don't have any. Opening up with a statement like "I did everything right" and then coming back minutes later complaining that there's no help here?
4. If you did everything right, it would be working plain and simple. We need more information in an opening post... many of us are miracle workers, but we need some help from time to time.
5. This is a FREE and OPEN community. If you feel that you're not getting the help you need, too bad! Post your question and move on... when someone has time, and some answers they will post.

Ok... You say you don't see the server list, is it there but empty, or are you unable to get to that point? Sometimes the list can come up empty if your connection is questionable, just go back a screen and login again.

I'm going to question the fact that you have reinstalled many times... your level of patience makes that hard to believe sorry. Double check that you do in fact have Titanium, did you buy it from a store? Make absolutely sure that installation never touches a SOE server! You need to change the eqhost file and setup the program as instructed in the walkthrough before launching anything.

The people on these forums are some of the most dedicated, and helpful you'll find anywhere! And they ask for nothing in return... A little courtesy would be nice though
Old 08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
bigboobies
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward6 View Post
I'm going to make a few statements and then offer up some advice and then you won't see me back in this thread until you prove to me in some way that you respect the people that you're asking for help...

1. Your username is childish, inappropriate, and if I knew nothing more about you I would think you might be a jerk.
2. Now that I do know more about you, I know you're a jerk.
3. Getting on an emulator server can require patience, and you have so far proven that you don't have any. Opening up with a statement like "I did everything right" and then coming back minutes later complaining that there's no help here?
4. If you did everything right, it would be working plain and simple. We need more information in an opening post... many of us are miracle workers, but we need some help from time to time.
5. This is a FREE and OPEN community. If you feel that you're not getting the help you need, too bad! Post your question and move on... when someone has time, and some answers they will post.

Ok... You say you don't see the server list, is it there but empty, or are you unable to get to that point? Sometimes the list can come up empty if your connection is questionable, just go back a screen and login again.

I'm going to question the fact that you have reinstalled many times... your level of patience makes that hard to believe sorry. Double check that you do in fact have Titanium, did you buy it from a store? Make absolutely sure that installation never touches a SOE server! You need to change the eqhost file and setup the program as instructed in the walkthrough before launching anything.

The people on these forums are some of the most dedicated, and helpful you'll find anywhere! And they ask for nothing in return... A little courtesy would be nice though
You are an ignorant suck up if you ask me.

YES I BOUGHT IT FROM THE STORE

TRUST ME I'VE GONE OVER EVERYTHING A DOZEN TIMES ALREADY SO KINDLY STFU AND GTFO

As for your judgement my little brother signed up for this account name, and I feel no need to explain myself on it...Obviously there wasn't any rules against it because the name is here isn't it?

YES I HAVE IN FACT REINSTALLED MY GAME CLIENT MORE THEN A HANDFUL OF TIMES, AND IF YOU KEPT YOUR EYES OPEN YOU WOULD SEE THAT MY PROBLEM IS VERY COMMON AMONGST PLAYERS NOW. TRY READING THE OOC ON SOME SERVERS AND YOU'LL SEE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE. IN FACT TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THE THREADS AND YOU'LL SEE THE SAME THING......... Have a nice day
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Your behaviour is not acceptable here. Your name is offensive, go play elsewhere. Bye bye

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Closed Thread