Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:56 AM
spider661
Discordant

i hate to bring up an old topic but i cant find anything else.

i decided to try my hand at working with a server but i wanted to get the source code in case i wanted to make changed to the code itself (or if i found fixes that haven't been implanted yet.) so i go to the wiki and read all the stuff there and i set up vs 2005 express as described to the letter. then after gettign errors i did everything sayed to do here. but im still getting errors and i dont understand whats wrong. here is th output when i tell it to build

code was here but sayed it was to long a post so ill post the output on the next post.

as you can see im getting errors like
..\common\patches\patches.cpp(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Anniversary.h':
and lots and lots of warnings.
also when running it for the first time it had to convert it because it was made using an older version then i had im guessing if i read the message right..

anyways sorry for such a long post but an kinda help would be useful..\

also I don't know if it matters but ill say it just in case, i used tortoise cvs rather then SmartCVS like it sayed to use in the wiki with :pserver:anonymous@eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator
as the cvs root and no other settings changed. just incase that matters and im getting the wrong vers mabie?

anyways what you guy think?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
spider661
Discordant

Way to long to post so here is a link to it (the output log that is)
Old 03-22-2008, 01:44 PM
spider661
Discordant

well it seems the cvs was missing some files so i downloaded the file off the site then compiled that and that fixed the problem BUT i still get errors saying
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'perl58.lib'
i looked in the perl\lib\CORE folder its not there seems they changed it recently im guessing the only file there even close is named perl510.lib..

so now what?