Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Default ERROR SOURCE FOR 6.0 WINDOWS SERVER GUIDE (Perl Enabled)

If you are having errors with the setting up of your server following my guide in the tutorials section, please post them here.

Please post ALL errors you are having, instead of making separate posts.

I will be making a compendium of errors and solutions up at this main post as people submit them.

I'll ask that the only posts that are made here contain PROBLEMS, as to not clutter the post.

Finally, the information you will need to post on the problem is:

1) What step gave you the problem.

2) ALL information pertaining to the problem. (If it's an error regarding the database, tell me what databse you are using, and what additional queries you have run/files you have sourced)

3) If you're getting an error from a program (zone.exe, world.exe, mysql.exe, etc....) post EXACTLY what that program says, guessing only makes my job tougher.

That's it, got a problem, hit me.

edit: a_Guest03 -
Added link to the guide you're talking about. Stickied

PROBLEM/SOLUTION COMPENDIUM:

IF MYSQL.EXE BEEPS AND CLOSES:

1) Open up the task manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + Delete.

2) Find the tab that has the list of images. Find the image named mysqld-nt.exe. If it is NOT there, proceed on to step 3. If it IS there, end the process, close the task manager, and skip to step 4.

3) Locate your task bar, there should be stoplight there. If there is, right click on it, and find the option to "Start the Service". Click this and the light should turn green. If it does not turn green, proceed to step 4.

4) Open up the folder C:\Windows. Locate the file my.ini, open this file, and copy down the user= and pass= lines. You will need this username/password later. Now DELETE my.ini.

5)Open up the folder C:\mysql\bin and locate WinMySQLAdmin.exe. Run this file, you will be prompted by the Select username/password window. Type in the user/pass from step 4. There will now be a green stoplight in your taskbar. Problem solved. Mysql.exe should now open without beeping and closing.

IF BOOT5ZONES.BAT GIVES YOU A 2006 ERROR:

1)Follow steps 1-5 of the fix for Mysql.exe beeping and closing.

2) When you reach the part where a green stoplight will now be in your taskbar, you are finished.

IF THE GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES LINE OF MYSQL DOESNT WORK:

1) Open a Command Prompt by going to your start menu, clicking RUN, typing in "cmd" (without the quotes) and hitting enter.

2) Type:

Code:
CD C:\mysql\bin
3) Then type

Code:
mysql -u root mysql
4) Now proceed to type the Grant all Privileges line again:

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO Username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'Password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
Replacing Username with your MySQL Username and Password with your MySQL Password (Both selected when running WinMySQLAdmin.exe for the first time.) It should now work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-12-2004, 08:41 PM
jhb45jr
Fire Beetle

when running my boot5zones flie i get the following error

[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.6.0-DR2
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() Loading spells from ./spells_us.txt
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() spells loaded: 6299
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading AA effects
[Status] Loading swarm spells
[Status] Loading tributes
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] 176 commands loaded
[Status] Loading embedded perl XS
[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook, do yo
u lack IO::Scalar?
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook, do y
ou lack IO::Scalar?

but i have followed the guide step by step and copied the files and need in the eqemu directory and in the cmd prompt entered install io::scalar.
anyone have a clue as to what is wrong?
Old 12-13-2004, 02:51 AM
thekeepers
Fire Beetle

Are you sure you ran NMAKE.exe? If not run that and try booting it up again.

Old 12-13-2004, 06:16 AM
jhb45jr
Fire Beetle

i was able to fix that problem by unistalling perl 5.8 and then reinstalling it and then following the guide step by step once again.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:59 AM
Spike
Discordant

I followed the guide, downloaded nmake, put into the BIN folder, and re-installed perl 5.8, 3 times! I still get the same error he gets...
Old 12-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Try running NMAKE.EXE before installing IO::Scalar, also if just plain old

Code:
Install IO::Scalar
doesnt work, try

Code:
make Install IO::Scalar
Old 12-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Hundredfists
Fire Beetle

when using your guide everything goes fine untill i get to here

Quote:
MAIN STEP THREE - MYSQL

3a) Go to C:\mysql\bin and run WinMySQLAdmin.exe

A window should pop up asking you for a username and a password. Pick both and write them down, you will need them later.

You can now close this.

3b) In C:\mysql\bin, run mysql.exe

Type into the window:

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO Username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'Password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

when i try to run mysql.exe the promt flashes on my screen and in it it says error 2003 and poofs before i get a chance to do anything. any idea what im doing wrong?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:14 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Try typing it into a console.

To do that, run command or cmd. CD into the directory where mysql.exe is, and run mysql. Tell us what the error is.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Hundredfists
Fire Beetle

i tried running it from run, it runs, but all it does is flash on my screen (also makes my pc beep for some odd reason) and all it shows is error 2003 before it poofs. when i cd through promt it says mysql.exe was unexpected at this time.dunno if this helps any. any ideas?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Spike
Discordant

ok when you click on WinMySQLAdmin.exe in the bin folder, it tells you to enter a username and password (make one up), then after mysql is running (shows a little go light in the lower right corner of your screen), click START (lower left toolbar on your computer) > RUN > BROWSE... (look for mysql.exe, its in the bin folder next to winmysqladmin.exe), after it gives you the prompt code, type in -u root at the end of the prompt. Then click ENTER.

EXAMPLE: c:/mysql/bin/mysql.exe -u root
(CLICK ENTER)

Then type in
Code:
use eq;
Code:
REPLACE...
Username = your mysql username you typed in before
Password = your mysql password you typed in before

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXAMPLE
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO THISISMYMYSQLUSERNAME@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'THISISMYMYSQLPASSWORD' WITH GRANT OPTION;
Old 12-15-2004, 01:05 AM
Spike
Discordant

Malignus Wingnut, I did make install IO::SCALAR, and I still get the same error (actually I tried this my very first time I tried installing because I read your tutorial and did exactly what it told me to do.)

I noticed a very strange error. After type in the perl command to install perl, you actually HAVE to restart your computer otherwhise your computer will tell you another perl program is running in the background. So besides just highly recommending it, you should say it IS REQUIRED TO RESTART OTHERWHISE YOU WILL GET AN ERROR SAYING YOU HAVE ANOTHER PERL PROGRAM RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:08 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Try the optional error solution of downloading and copy/pasting of Wraptie.PM and Scalar.PM from the website linked in my tutorial.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:23 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Hundredfists, if Spike's method does not work, a solution to your error has been added to the top post.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Hundredfists
Fire Beetle

thanks malignus worked perfectly
Old 12-15-2004, 06:53 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Excellent work, Malignus!