Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

the maps directory seems to like to be case senstive... might try renaming it Maps

vRandom
Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

are behind a router or hub lol.

also you can diregard this
Code:
ZONE.EXE
Path File ./Maps/cabeast.path not found
i get this and has no side effects as it is not relateing to the acuall .map files its a map .path file i believe.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:48 AM
cmdr-franck
Fire Beetle

Default Maps

it is writen "Maps"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRandom
the maps directory seems to like to be case senstive... might try renaming it Maps

vRandom
Old 09-13-2005, 09:56 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

well i'm being no help lol

/em goes to hide
vRandom
Old 09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
cmdr-franck
Fire Beetle

Default Kick

Ok let,s disregard it and go toward somthing else ... zones seems to load the files correctly .. the only problem is that I get kicked to login with the mention "server disconnect".

Here is what WORLD as to say :
Unkown OpCode 0x0107
Unkown OpCode 0x0000

Enter world: Moratois: cabeast (106) (EnterWorld)
Broadcasting a world time update
Zoneserver SetZone: 192.168.123.153:8781 cabeast (106)
zoneID is NULL in Client:Clearance
Zoneserver SetZone: 192.168.123.153:8781 (0)
Client Disconnected
Removing client from ip:192.168.123.153 port:4871

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallerin
are behind a router or hub lol.

also you can diregard this
Code:
ZONE.EXE
Path File ./Maps/cabeast.path not found
i get this and has no side effects as it is not relateing to the acuall .map files its a map .path file i believe.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:26 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

i get this one everytime right after you get to character select screen

Code:
Logged in: (CharSel) Account #1: tallerin
Received unknown opcode: 0x0107 size:0 bytes
i ignore it to no ill effects that i know of yet

this one Unkown OpCode 0x0000 now i have no clue maybe missing an opcode or wrong opcode # i dunno on that.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 AM
cmdr-franck
Fire Beetle

Default norowing down possibilites

Only only got the 0x0000 once right after startup .. when I try after .. I onyl get 0107 that actually doesn't botehr me at all.

Still as sson as I click ENTER WORLD .. i'm waiting and finally get kicked back to login screen.

Quote:
i get this one everytime right after you get to character select screen

Code:
Logged in: (CharSel) Account #1: tallerin
Received unknown opcode: 0x0107 size:0 bytes
i ignore it to no ill effects that i know of yet

this one Unkown OpCode 0x0000 now i have no clue maybe missing an opcode or wrong opcode # i dunno on that.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:29 AM
cmdr-franck
Fire Beetle

Default Found it ! Plz confirm

I finally narrowed down a few things.

I thing I found weird was that when I hit "ENTER THE WORLD" my router and modemcable gets busy. So I looked into my firewall logs to ind that EQGAME was trying to connect on port 7775 and or 1037 on this host : 192.168.0.5.

Where the hell did that IP camed from ? My int. entowkr is 192.168.123.x not 192.168.0.x.

I'm beggining to wonder if WORLD is actually passing the right IP to eqgame .. or maybe it is the zone server ... I not yet thta familliar with what server does what ...

Can someone confirm me the problem ? Maybe someone is experiencing the same problem and we could work this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdr-franck
Only only got the 0x0000 once right after startup .. when I try after .. I onyl get 0107 that actually doesn't botehr me at all.

Still as sson as I click ENTER WORLD .. i'm waiting and finally get kicked back to login screen.

Last edited by cmdr-franck; 09-13-2005 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: added port
Old 09-13-2005, 01:54 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

ahhh so i was right in littel joke comment you are behind a router.

i believe you will have to foward the neccasary ports to be able to connect. but i may be wrong i know i seen in the forums somewhere that metions wht to do with the routers. i can't help you there routers are all greek to me as i only set one up and made my sister figure it out cause it was her comp lol.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:11 PM
cmdr-franck
Fire Beetle

Default Router?

Maybe i just crashed my networking class .. but we are working locally which does not need to go trough my router ... the only host that should be needed is in fact my own computer.

It still does not explain with EQGAME.EXE tried to talk to a host I nver configure. (192.168.0.5)

To shed light on my setup .. I got a broadband router for my home networking and I'm working with 2 separate firewalls on my personnal computer. I know my way around network and with configuration of firewalls. ( I'm running only 1 firewall at the moment since it's easier to troubleshoot connectivity problems)

Quote:
ahhh so i was right in littel joke comment you are behind a router.

i believe you will have to foward the neccasary ports to be able to connect. but i may be wrong i know i seen in the forums somewhere that metions wht to do with the routers. i can't help you there routers are all greek to me as i only set one up and made my sister figure it out cause it was her comp lol.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Question

i'm not doubting you i know i saw other issue in here about a router problem. i known the win xp fire wall popped up all the time for me when i start minilogin,world,and boot5 zones it also whines when i start EQ i just mark them as an exceptions so i don't have to deal with the popups from the firewall. My set up is all on one comp and my settings are all localhost no ip and the firewall will whine if i remove it from exceptions.

Edit: also when i start eq it also trys calling out to the outside world from my box but mine calls out to my isp dns server

Last edited by tallerin; 09-13-2005 at 10:39 PM..
Old 09-13-2005, 03:06 PM
cmdr-franck
Fire Beetle

Default still updating the thread

From what I saw .. my firewall only logs that when I click the ENTER WORLD button.

Almost like if the ZONE or WORLD exe was compiled with a static IP in it.

Quote:
i'm not doubting you i know i saw other issue in here about a router problem. i known the win xp fire wall popped up all the time for me when i start minilogin,world,and boot5 zones it also whines when i start EQ i just mark them as an exceptions so i don't have to deal with the popups from the firewall. My set up is all on one comp and my settings are all localhost no ip and the firewall will whine if i remove it from exceptions.

Edit: also when i start eq it also trys calling out to the outside world from my box but mine calls out to my isp dns server
Old 09-14-2005, 01:11 AM
cmdr-franck
Fire Beetle

Default It Works

Hello everyone ! It finally works. I checked with Doodman and he camed to the conclusion that the zones wasn't loading fast enough.

We cleared this table and it worked ! (merchantlist_temp)

Looks like the DB might need a few optimization. I'll try to do that when I'll have the proper time.

1 little bug noticed .. I can't hail in game ! But hey .. nothing is perfect.

Quote:
From what I saw .. my firewall only logs that when I click the ENTER WORLD button.

Almost like if the ZONE or WORLD exe was compiled with a static IP in it.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:44 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
1 little bug noticed .. I can't hail in game ! But hey .. nothing is perfect.
You will need to use the zoneperl insetad of zone to talk to npcs also for quests.
vRandon
Old 09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
tremor
Fire Beetle

cmdr-franck so you get everything working?? everything your said the samething is going on at my end as well. i can connect 2 ways with 127.0.0.1 or like i said before with just my computers name. if your still having prob's try running the network setup wizard to setup a home network.. thats all i done to use my comp's name.. (i'm new to all this stuff. didn't know how to cd c:\ ect.. in command prompt or anything before i came across this forum) Thnks guys

[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1 or my comps name
loginport=5999
worldname=myeqemutest
worldaddress=127.0.0.1 or my comps name
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
ChatChannelServer=
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

[Database]
host=localhost
user=*****
password=******
database=test

start zone . 127.0.0.1 8780 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 8781 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 8782 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 8783 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 8784 127.0.0.1

or zone . my comps name 8780 my comps name
or another way zone YOUR ZONE my comps name 8780 mycomps name
(zone everfrost my comps name 8780 my comps name)

depends on what setup i use server always says locked or 0

as the saying goes just play around with things till they work or either break lol