Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:04 AM
wdrng
Sarnak

MySQL is 4.0.26 (I did try the version link in the Wiki server setup document, but it linked to 4.1.15 which has a GUI interface and I coudn't figure out how to get the SQL server to start)
Perl is 5.8.7.813 (the one linked in Wiki)
Old 11-01-2005, 08:18 AM
wdrng
Sarnak

I'm going out of the city now, so I'll do some testing while I'm gone and post back on the weekend.
Thanks!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

And you're sure,
you don't have any firewall ? sp2 xp firewall include ?
Perhaps a program no compatible with eqemu ?
that very very strange :(
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:45 AM
wdrng
Sarnak

Nope. I always turn off WinXP firewall - I run a personal freeware firewall called Sygate and I turned it off while I was testing this.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing everything (except Perl - no internet connection at the cottage) and still had the same problem. :(
I don't think it's an installed software problem. My laptop and desktop have different software installed, and different hardware (so different drivers).
Very little is installed on BOTH, only thing I can think of are standard programs I use for trouble shooting/support and cleanup - like RegCleaner and Dameware. All the programs like that I've used for a long time, and they've never had any problems with previous versions of EqEmu.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:59 AM
wdrng
Sarnak

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!
It works!
I used Dark Rouge Productions Server pack 2.0 auto installer from a blank slate, and then had to add a couple of database tweaks to MySql (adding thing like the minilogin info) - worked well!
I still have to check a few things, like up to date quests, and maps/aggro stuff - but it I was in testing and it seems okay.
I think the problem I was having was somewhere in the MySql database - world crashed when it was connecting to minilogin and verifying the database.
Thanks for the help and input!