Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

Default Issue with private lan server.

After messing around with this for a good minute, I cannot seem to find a fix for this.

Every time I load my eqgame.exe and attempt to log into the server select screen using the account name and password I designated it, it comes back telling me:

Code:
mysql query failed: SELECT LoginServerID, AccountPassword FROM tblLoginServerAccounts WHERE AccountName = >NameIChose<
Client Error - Error logging in, user >NameIChose< does not exist in the database.
Now I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have searched all around the forums for some kind of fix to this, but I guess I am overlooking it somewhere.

I looked into my PEQDB and I did not see a table listed as "LoginServerAccounts" but I did have one listed as "Accounts" and when I inspected it, it had my account that I created using the MySQL command line.

Any and all help towards this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if someone could tell me how to register my server so it can be seen on the public server list, that would be great too. (I came across the command one time, and since then, I have failed to find it again.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Steps 8-11 - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29043
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

Thank you for the response, I will test this out and see what I can get from there. Will post if it worked or not.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

I was attempting this, and I got to the part where he says to insert some files into your DB folder.... Is he talking about C:\mysql\data\>db name<?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:19 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The instructions are pretty clear. You need to go the the directory it names under where you downloaded the server source code and import the file it names using HeidiSQL or whatever other utility you use to manipulate your database.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

I understand that it is pretty clear, but I am talking about something like :

Code:

7) Go to the folder where you downloaded the server sources and navigate to: 
trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util.

Then copy: eqemulogin.ini and login_opcodes.conf to your server folder.

And finally, go to login_util > ms > debug and copy the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll file to your server folder.
It tells me to copy them into my server folder, what is it talking about?

The next instruction tells me to download and install HeidiSQL, that is why I am asking this, if it was as simple as importing the files, that would have been done already.

(Sorry if I am sounding like an asshole or something, just I am new to this and trying to figure it all out. Instructions are not clear where this "Folder" is supposed to be.)
Old 07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

It is referring to the files downloaded in step 5. Download the EQEmuLoginServer.rar from the link provided in step 5 then extract those files to your emulator directory. Proper use of the files included in the EQEmuLoginServer.rar will allow you to correct the error you are encountering.
Downloading and installing HeidiSQL is to make it possible to view the sql tables that you are manipulating instead of only seeing a command prompt.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

Okay, thank you.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:44 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

From what you posted initially it seemed like you already had the login server running and you had simply missed adding the proper tables to your database. Those instructions tell you how to add them.

If you already had the login server setup then you wouldn't need to follow any other steps telling you to move files around since presumably you had already done it.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

I finally got time to test it all and I got it working, the server is there, I am not receiving any issues at all until I go to log into my server select... Here is what it is showing me. (I have looked at the other forum related to this that says that I need to check my .ini files, but I did that, and still get the same issue)

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...ginIssue-1.png

Here is my MiniLogin Info:

Code:
### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5999
loginserver2=newlogin1.eqemulator.net 
loginport2=5999
worldname=Kings_Test_World
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=King
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999
And here is my EQEmuLogin info:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<server>
<world>
<shortname>HSFDP</shortname>
<longname>Hidden Secrects From Dark Pasts</longname>

<!-- address has to be specified for minilogin to work -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>make up some random string of characters here</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service -->
<http port="9080" enable="true" mimefile="mime.types"/>
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini -->
<database>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>*******</password>
<db>privateserver</db>
</database>
</server>
Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

assuming MiniLogin works like EQEmuServerLogin, the first thing that stands out to me is that the loginserver section of your config is missing both an account name and password.

I suspect these would also need to be registered with a world server registration like table. And in the case of EQEmuServerLogin, the world server config's short and long descriptions need to exactly match the registration for that world server.

if that doesn't work, try getting EQEmuServerLogin and trying these steps
Old 07-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

When you say Account Name and Password, are you refering to the account that I am going to be using to log into the server with?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Unless you have very specific reasons to use minilogin, I would never recommend using it. You can do a search and see all the problems it causes(Im sure in its day it was useful).

Running off the public login is not only easier but when you eventually decide to open up your server(which most people do), then you are already set up.

However you do not need to enter a loginserver id or pass in the xml file, that is simply if you have created a worldserver account(see login server page). If you do not enter that then you server will show as unregistered on the server status page but you can still run a server.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

I don't have a reason as to using it, I just want to be able to log into my server and test out a bunch of scripts I have been writing without having to send them to somebody to test.... They will have been tested fully and they can just use them minus the bugs lol.... So... However to accomplish this, that is the "Very Specific Reason" lol.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

So to do that... use the stock eqemu_config.xml configuration, run world and then run zone and you can log in. Its the easiest possible way.

When I said specific reason, I meant like if you knew what you wanted out of minilogin that you couldnt get out of the public server, not your general reason for setting up a server.