Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
rullare
Sarnak

and i tryed to set to c:\mysql\lib but i diden't work so there is something missing here.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'm not familiar with the different 'types' of MySQL, but I'm pretty sure the recommended one is the standard public release.

If your 'portable' version did not offer an option to install the library files, then you won't be able to compile. The directory
that lerxst2112 referenced will only be there if you selected that option when installing.

U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-19-2012, 05:45 PM
rullare
Sarnak

i installed a complite ver and i diden't get the f**king files that i need now:( i'm really iriteated at this thing for i need it to work.

so yea still stuck.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 PM
joligario
Developer

You can get the libraries needed from the 5.1 zip.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Uleat
Developer

Also, if you're using VS2008, then you only need to add the reference to the IDE settings.

If you're using VS2010, you will need to instead add it to each 'Project' inside of the 'Server' solution. (i.e., zone, world, etc... 6 total)

If you install mysql again (without uninstalling your current), you should be given the option to 'install' or 'change' components.
When the install options tree comes up, make sure that 'library files' does not have a red 'X' over the box. If it does, you need to change it.

If you use joligario's suggestion, you will need to manually copy them to the correct directory. (dragging and dropping the 'lib' folder
from the .zip file into your mysql directory should accomplish this. Just make sure the mysql versions are the same or compatible.)

U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-20-2012, 07:19 AM
rullare
Sarnak

ok will try zip one^^
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM
rullare
Sarnak

still not working. i will give up if there is noone that are willing to SHOW my have to do it or DO tem self so i can look them the some thime.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

You seriously just threatened people that you're going to give up if no one holds your hand?

WoW. Yea, go back to that. I'm sure Paradox and Athena will be sooooo happy to help you out on the TC forums with an attitude like that.

This is a learning project, not a hand holding project, though the folks here will go out of their way to help you if you're nice.

That being said....

1) Are you using VS2008 or 2010?

as Uleat pointed out above, it makes a difference where to add your includes / library options.

2) did you add the paths to BOTH the library and include paths?

3) You installed x64 MySQL, did you set the configuration manager to a 64 bit build?

4) When you installed MySQL did you install ALL of the options (specifically the developer option)?

5) what are the errors you're getting now? (please put them in CODE blocks)
Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 AM
rullare
Sarnak

1) Are you using VS2008 or 2010? can use both have ultimate on 2008 and 2010.

as Uleat pointed out above, it makes a difference where to add your includes / library options.

2) did you add the paths to BOTH the library and include paths?

3) You installed x64 MySQL, did you set the configuration manager to a 64 bit build? think so when i insalled it.

4) When you installed MySQL did you install ALL of the options (specifically the developer option)? comnplite install. everything.

5) what are the errors you're getting now? (please put them in CODE blocks)

http://pastebin.com/mQVbQMVQ

srry if i sad something wring but i get a little iritated of this for its so diif from setting up a wow server. and its hard to get in to.
somwthing that i think should help many that should be a viedo tut that show everything.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Doesn't matter which one you have, which one are you using?

my #3 was screwed up, i meant to delete it, but deleted half of the next question instead.

OK, from the logs and previous posts,- you installed MySQL x64, but are compiling Win32.

That won't end well.

You'll need to switch to an x64 build of EQEmu (Configuration Manager), or uninstall MySQL and get the 32 bit version.

It's looking like you either did the same thing with Perl (installed x64 and build 32 bit), or you didn't install perl or forgot to add the perl paths to the project.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
rullare
Sarnak

thx then i reinstall the 32 ver for u can swith in the prodject they are not for 64^^ what i find^^
Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
rullare
Sarnak

instaled pearl 32 and download mysql 32 zip. now i don't have any opt folder so yea. thats can't be done anyway^^ danm.

ps will be on the IRC channel so u can have diracet contact.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

the opt folder will probably not be there on newer MySQL builds.
the folders you DO need are the 'include' and 'lib' folders of the MySQL install.

and for perl the lib/CORE folder
Old 06-20-2012, 03:50 PM
rullare
Sarnak

i don't have a lib folder

only many libmysql^^
Old 06-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Enough with your stupid emoticons, I almost feel bad enough to help you, but your atrocious spelling and 3rd grade style of typing completely put me off to it.

It seems you can't even install the proper programs, so why don't you just grab the AX Classic repack? You run the exe, let it install, and then you have a GUI with buttons, and I'm sure even a grunt who can't properly install mysql MIGHT get that working.