Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:32 PM
MeepSheep
Fire Beetle

Default Back after a long break

I completely quit eq for FFXI for abit. Back now and playing the emu. Im glad to see its back up and working. Good jobs guys.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:22 AM
gordonzero
Fire Beetle

well zulfy26 looks like we have somthing in common.
Quote:
Duke : 61 paladin
---->GordonZero: 250 wizard
Kittty: 65 Beastlord
Kitty: 65 Beastlord
LOL....

Btw as of 1:20 CST on 9/2/04 the EQEMU Live Compatable login server is down.
No idea why but it is.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:38 AM
zulfy26
Fire Beetle

Down for me too here on the west coast.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:08 AM
gloomba38
Fire Beetle

Doesn't work for me. I did Authorization Block, then I changed the host file... then as soon as I start up Everquest, it re-patches my eqhost.txt, so I still get taken to the official servers. How to fix?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomba38
Doesn't work for me. I did Authorization Block, then I changed the host file... then as soon as I start up Everquest, it re-patches my eqhost.txt, so I still get taken to the official servers. How to fix?
If it patches, your shortcut is wrong. You should have the 'patchme' parameter to eqgame.exe, e.g.

Old 09-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Moman
Fire Beetle

The issue i am having is that i am behind a router and a firewall; the firewall i can turn off easy enough, but the router is a slightly harder problem to fix; is there anyway i can get the authorization page to correctly detect my IP with out having to take my whole computer (desktop) upstairs and plugging it in before the router??

sorry for the newbness; i dont do networks; just play games on em

-Moman
Old 09-02-2004, 07:56 PM
zulfy26
Fire Beetle

Its still down for me at 1am Pacific
Old 09-02-2004, 08:00 PM
SaInTSDX
Fire Beetle

Default still down

3:am CST and its still down i was looking forward to getting back on Kaolian, heh. anyone get him yet in the account bugs? I logged in three different times and havent recived anyone elses characters yet =P

edit: also anyone ever get any other servers? i havent though im not surprized, but the official server shows up as 5.7 something to me, i think, as soon as login servers are back up ill check. And I was wondering if AA's were dropped instead of bothering with them anymore

edit#2: the official test server shows up as 0.5.7-DR6 instead of 5.8 am i connecting right?
Old 09-03-2004, 03:03 AM
gloomba38
Fire Beetle

Nope, I did that and the same thing happened. Omens of War update screen came up and it changed my eqhost.txt again. Should I like make the host file read-only or something, because this dang updater keeps changing it to default. O_o
Old 09-03-2004, 06:22 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomba38
Nope, I did that and the same thing happened. Omens of War update screen came up and it changed my eqhost.txt again. Should I like make the host file read-only or something, because this dang updater keeps changing it to default. O_o
That's not possible. Did you really make an eqgame.exe shortcut? Or an everquest.exe with the patchme parameter?
Old 09-03-2004, 06:30 AM
jbb
Hill Giant

I decided to try eqemulator again

Last time I tried all this you used the forum account to log in so I'm not sure if I should be following the instructions here or the ones which say I need to create a login using the eq client.... But when I go to the account page it just takes me to a sony web page and I can't believe that's correct

What did I stupidly forget to do?
Old 09-03-2004, 06:41 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default time out

i'm behind a router and have more than one computer, each with a recent update of everquest (compatible with 5.8dr1 login servers). I can log in with 1 computer fine (tried it with both computers one-at-a-time). When i try to log in with the second computer I get a time out error before the server select screen. There are seperate accounts for each of my sibblings to use.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
giulietta
Fire Beetle

how do you get an account on the eqmulator.net test server if you have not allready had one?

I tried patching to live and connecting to test server using the host file... but it will not accept any user or pass

I go to the reset authorization site but of course do not have a name or pass to rest yet

I registered an account just now with eqemulator but the test server or reset server will not accept that info either.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:59 AM
joshcoody
Fire Beetle

Default invalid..

when i try to log in it says error username or password is invalid..what i do..?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
giulietta
Fire Beetle

I found the way to register my user and pass and Im in