Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM
pythag
Sarnak

Default Where to edit bots

Hi
I created a server greeter using Georges Tools but want to edit them under heidi/navicat, within PEQ database which table do my bots live, I have looked but cant find the correct ID?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Bots are under the bots table. Not sure what a server greeter NPC has to do with bots.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Mr. Pythag, what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent question were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM
pythag
Sarnak

Ok lets make it an easier question to understand
Once you follow the guide (in georges tools) to create an npc and then use the character as say a server greeter with a relevant quest attached, suggestion is to set npc as bot (not with any reference to a merc type bot)
Although the tool is superb for creating an npc its awkward to amend due to the full window contrainsts of the tool - taking nothing away from the tool!
I have used heidi to amend most things within the database due to its ease of use and ability to display data - for instance if you wish to amend your own characters level just jump to peq>character column level,amend,update line then close - job done.
Same for zone xp modifier, account level status, bot race/class and so on, its easier in heidi.
So upon attempting to search for the newly made npc/bot within the various tables within peq database using either their unique id or name I was unable to locate them and was just curious to if anyone could point me in the right direction, and not an essay however.
Seemed a polite question!

Quote:
Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.
If you wish to include yourself in that statement thats your choice but dont drag EVERYONE to the same level let them decide.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

i'm still as confused as the other two responders as to what it is you are trying to accomplish. it made my head hurt.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 AM
trevius
Developer

LOL, sounds almost like Caryatis hacked lerxst2112's account!

Anyway, I think most of the confusion in the OP's posts is due to the use of the word "bot". The only time the word bot should be used if it is referring to an actual merc type of Bot, or maybe something like a "buff-bot" that is really just a simple scripted NPC that buffs people.

It sounds like you are having trouble locating the NPC you made as your Server Greeter via GeorgeS' NPC Loot Editor while you are using Navicat or Heidi. You need to be looking in your npc_types table. By default, the tables in Navicat open to only display a max of 1000 entries and there are way more NPC types than that, so you have to remove the limitation by clicking the buttons/check in the lower right hand side of the table window. I don't use Heidi, so I can't speak to that.

Normally, new entries are added at the end of the table even if the ID is lower than the last ID in the table. You can sort them by ID by clicking the Sort Ascending button in the table window and then you should be able to just scroll down to the ID in the order it should be located at.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:33 AM
pythag
Sarnak

Thank you Trevius,
I understand nothing of servers or virtual servers, but work with database's everyday and I assumed that as the 'character' I created would have a permanent zone feature therefore an npc, the 'bot' part did mislead me. The relationships are obscure sometimes but I know are there.

I must have not saved a reference possibly creating the item temporarily, I could have possibly missed my entries as there 2 in 1000s or not placed them correctly but I know at least I am looking in the right place
Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

A classic line from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0