Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:31 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Default Error Compiling Server

Hi why am I all of a sudden getting this error just started seems last few updates unable compile server using VS 2008 now?

Warning 3 warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. c:\eq\svn\source\trunk\eqemuserver\common\tinyxml\ tinyxml.h 280 queryserv

I do not know what that means at all either
Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

That is a warning, it wouldn't prevent compilation unless you had turned the 'warnings = errors' setting on for the project.

Feel free to post actual errors.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

How do I turn it off I never turned it on it causes it crash and stop compiling?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

It seems be related ROF stuff and I want mess around with it. Ok I got warnings off now I getting this:

Error 85 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Register(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?Register@RoF@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl RegisterAllPatches(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?RegisterAllPatches@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z ) Patches.obj World
Error 86 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Reload(void)" (?Reload@RoF@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl ReloadAllPatches(void)" (?ReloadAllPatches@@YAXXZ) Patches.obj World
Error 87 fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals .\../build/World.exe World
Error 88 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Register(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?Register@RoF@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl RegisterAllPatches(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?RegisterAllPatches@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z ) Patches.obj Zone
Error 89 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Reload(void)" (?Reload@RoF@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl ReloadAllPatches(void)" (?ReloadAllPatches@@YAXXZ) Patches.obj Zone
Error 90 fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals .\../Build/Zone.exe Zone
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 AM
sorvani
Dragon

update your svn that was corrected earlier tonight.

that said, there is nothing to play with in RoF. You can not go past character select at this time. This is a brand new client, it will take quite a while to get it fully functional.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

I know it new I just wanted get it ready compile when day comes. I also like compile all EMU builds been doing for a while now.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FievelMousey View Post
I know it new I just wanted get it ready compile when day comes. I also like compile all EMU builds been doing for a while now.
Kind of dumb I know but I too have a collection of compiles going back 2 years or so. Would have no reason to ever use them but I have the room so no need to delete them either.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

I just updated it today again and got this seems be same error. It used compile fine now it nothing but nightmare for me i guess i disable ROF if have to to try compile it as it says it is issue

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Register(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?Register@RoF@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl RegisterAllPatches(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?RegisterAllPatches@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z ) Patches.obj World
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Reload(void)" (?Reload@RoF@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl ReloadAllPatches(void)" (?ReloadAllPatches@@YAXXZ) Patches.obj World
Error 3 fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals .\../build/World.exe World
Error 4 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Register(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?Register@RoF@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl RegisterAllPatches(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?RegisterAllPatches@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z ) patches.obj Zone
Error 5 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl RoF::Reload(void)" (?Reload@RoF@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl ReloadAllPatches(void)" (?ReloadAllPatches@@YAXXZ) patches.obj Zone
Error 6 fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals .\../Build/Zone.exe Zone
Warning 7 warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library eqlaunch eqlaunch
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 PM
sorvani
Dragon

are you using vs2008? i never bothered to fix that solution. only the vs2010 one.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:34 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I just compiled with vs2008 and had no issues. I'm compiling again with the new files added to the project, but unless Patches.cpp was modified to actually call the RoF functions it shouldn't make a difference. The default in SVN is to have RoF commented out.

Edit: I added the files to world and zone and committed it. It compiled with the RoF::* calls uncommented.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
I just compiled with vs2008 and had no issues. I'm compiling again with the new files added to the project, but unless Patches.cpp was modified to actually call the RoF functions it shouldn't make a difference. The default in SVN is to have RoF commented out.

Edit: I added the files to world and zone and committed it. It compiled with the RoF::* calls uncommented.
Yeah, he said he was trying to compile with RoF in.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Yes I am using VS2008 and I want see if I have right ROF client why trying compile it see if I get to screen they say can is all I want do
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Well, it is fixed now, but you don't need to connect to anything to see if you have the right client. The build date that will show up in the log is listed right at the top of the first post in this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36104
Old 12-19-2012, 02:24 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Yes compiles now sorry be a pest I just like compile them all have for a while now since I spent a full 2 days learn how compile this and it fun do it also a while back