Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Default "Hopping" mobs driving me mad!

I've tried so many things to alleviate this issue. Like said before, it is a z-axis issue and seems that it cannot be solved (for now and a few years prior). That is until someone brilliant comes along and takes a look at it. I believe it to be an emu issue instead of a database issue? I've tried re-writing some code to fix the issue with no success. It would be great if someone could take a serious look at this and offer some updated input outside of fixing the waypoints for each individual mob.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here's what I've seen with this;
When the grids are laid out by "packet spawners" there is heavy jumping.
For example, In the ax_peq database; Harbinger's spire and LoY zones there is little if any jumping, mainly because I made all of the grids in Harbingers, and almost all in the LoY zones.
I think the reason is because the packet spawners do not lay out grids in detail, or too few. In dungeons, the mobs not only jump, but walk through walls too. In ax_peq, I re-did a lot of grids in dungeons like Droga, this fixed the jumping and wall walking.
When I lay a grid, I make sure my waypoints follow the ground and use extra waypoints around corners, up and down hills.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Appreciate the info.

Will load up your database and check out the zones you mentioned.