Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

Default new titles

hi its me again. I was looking through the wiki, trying to find out more about the titles table, and didn't find anything really. I mainly wanted to know, there is a column marked as item_id. does this mean, that if you obtain this specific item id, then it would add the new title to the title menu in game? i'm wanting to add titles for achievements made in game, and think this would be my way of doing it. any input would be greatly appreciated, and as always thanks to the community for any and all help you guys give.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
realityincarnate
Developer

There are a couple of different ways you can add titles. You're correct, the item_id column adds the title option for characters that possess that particular item. There are also a couple of quest objects that you can use to add titles using the perl system:
Code:
$client->SetAATitle(txt, save = 0)
$client->SetTitleSuffix(txt, save = 0)
can both be used to give a character a title. If you enter a value of 1 as the second parameter, it will save the title to the database as an option for that specific character in the titles window.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

ah ok, ty. that makes things alot simpler then what I was goin to do lol.