Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Default Official Community BETA of the EQEmu Server Bots Begins Today!

I am pleased to announce that the community beta of the EQEmu Server Bots is ready for QA testing and begins today. This means that this code base that is going to replace what has been refereed to as “EQOffline” in about 7 days and before this happens, this beta period is the communities opportunity to try out this code and post issues that need to be addressed. Even if you do not use bots at all, you will want to download this code and try it as a lot of code was re-factored that could possibly impact that standard code, though I know of no issues right now nor do I expect any.

You can read more about the beta period and what to expect, here: http://wildcardx.blogspot.com/2009/0...mu-server.html

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

This is from the current Build

In tutorialb not grouped with bots I con the guards and they con amiably, I group up with bots they still con amiably but now they will attack on site, this only started to happen from today's commits. I have tested 3 times same results all 3 times, as long as I'm not group I can walk right up to them.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Can you provide any additional details? I tried to repeat this on my server but the guards don't attack me no matter if i am grouped with bots or not.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

I'm really not sure what i can add to this......
EQEmu R850
PEQ DB 781
NON-GM account

Toon is level 8 I walk between the first 2 guards and nothing as normal, I group with a bot and do the same thing I'm Dead man walking...this happens every single time. I just tested with all quest givers and guards in Tutorialb and if you have a bot in group you are dead.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Maybe the name/NPCID of the guards, and the race of your character and the race of your bots would help? Though, I don't think any guards are supposed to be KoS to any races in Tutorialb.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Maybe the name/NPCID of the guards, and the race of your character and the race of your bots would help? Though, I don't think any guards are supposed to be KoS to any races in Tutorialb.
Well I believe the Factions have nothing to do with it since they con amiably before I group and after I group, The con never changes just their attitudes

ALL Guards in tutb
Human Bot Cleric
Human pally ME
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Xzam
Fire Beetle

I need a little help with Linux compile please, I downloaded EQEmuServerBOTS and I run make from that dir and everything works except Bots, I used the Linux guide made by Hunter and I have Debian running. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
WildcardX
Developer

I think for linux compiles, you need to edit your makefile.common in the zone project and remove the "petAI.o" and "botAI.o" and then add "bot.o". Then in your makefile for both zone and world, you need to replace "-DEQBOTS" with "-DBOTS". Let me know if this works.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Xzam
Fire Beetle

Thanks a million, I'll try as soon as I get off work today!!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Xzam
Fire Beetle

Well, No Bots on my Linux yet, lol. I've added bot.0 to the makefile.common but petAI.o and botAI.o where not there to delete. Then I searched for -DEQBOTS in makefile in zone dir and none found so I added -DBOTS, after compiling I had no zone, launcher or world file that it had created. So I changed -DBOTS to -DBOT and it compiled all files but no bots in game, the command is not recognized. Everything else in game works fine. Any suggestions?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
trevius
Developer

OK, I updated to the latest revision last night (after the merge of the branch back into the trunk), and here is a bug report from my Dev, Kayen:
Quote:
I am experiencing some pretty funky bugs with combat state

First it wasn't switching it correctly. Now I can't even get it to define a combat state. All I am doing is running a timer with $combat_state and it comes back undefined, and sub event combat state does nothing.

Tried this on a few scripts seems its broken
So far that is the only thing that needs quick attention that we have seen so far. I will keep an eye out for more issues, but we will probably have to revert back until this issue is resolved.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
WildcardX
Developer

If any of you can help identify these bugs, send me code so I can look it over. Otherwise I'll get to them as I can.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2009, 05:36 PM
trevius
Developer

Since I am at work, it is hard for me to be of much help. I just went ahead and reverted it since we have dozens of high end events that rely heavily on $combat_state. I might have to start trying to read through the diffs of your merge to see if I can find anything though.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:14 AM
WildcardX
Developer

I just committed a fix for the COMBAT_EVENT signalling bug. That issue should be resolved now as of r888.

Quote: