Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-15-2002, 11:14 PM
themax
Fire Beetle

Default stable 2.5 source download ?

I can't find the source of stable 2.5 release
Old 03-16-2002, 01:50 AM
Lyenu X`Arie
Fire Beetle

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.p...p;threadid=821
Old 03-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Stud
Sarnak

2.5 Compiled like a dream, everything seems to work just great, with the exception of it looking like the same problem with quest scripts on might still be there, at least on RH 7.2.
Old 03-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

2.5 compiled alot better than PR6 for me, just had to add in the namespace std lines. (what i get for using gcc3)

Trying to update my database now so I can set my server up and start running it again...
Old 03-16-2002, 01:52 PM
TheClaus
Discordant

Alright help me out. How are you compiling it? Trump what is the namespace thing in gcc3 that you are talking about. If it is just a simple make filename let me know. I finally got mysql back working on my box. Just need to compile and I am set.
Old 03-17-2002, 01:51 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Ok, my issues probably wont affect you if you have a stock linux install. The namespace issue deals with a difference between gcc 2.96 and 3 in dealing with namespaces, I have to go into any files that use hex:: or dec:: and add 'using nampespace std;' below the include lines. I also have to add 'include <stdarg.h>' into a few files that use some va_ functions. Im not 100% positive why Im the only one having that problem, but its a quick fix nonetheless so Im not going to spend alot of cycles on it.

What ya do is, download the source, unpack it.. cd to the zone directory and type 'make', then go over to the world directory and do the same thing.

If you get any errors, post them here and we'll work em out.

You should compile just fine out of the box if you dont have a mutant machine like me.