Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 AM
scampbell70
Fire Beetle

Default Need help compiling source to enable bots

I would like to add bots to my server and I have spent 2 days searching the net and these forums to find a way to do it and everything I find is like 2 years old. I read that I need to do the following from this site http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/wiki/BOTSCompile

1.Edit your "makefile" in .\zone and add "-DBOTS" to DFLAGS.
2.Edit your "makefile.common" file in .\zone and add both "bot.o" and "botspellsai.o"
3.Edit your "makefile" in .\world and add "-DBOTS" to DFLAGS.
4.Compile it.

but when I do that it will not compile I just get a bunch of errors. It compiles and seems to work fine the other way, so I am assuming it is compiling error free but I am very new to this. The only thing I can think of is that I am not adding them correctly or something. I also read somewhere else that you didnt need to do anything to enable bots except inport the bot.sql into the database which I did.

When I log onto my server and do #bot (anything) I get command #bot not recognized.

Can anyone please help me figure this out.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You'll need to post some errors for us to know what is happening.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM
scampbell70
Fire Beetle

when I edit the files as stated in my first post and compile it begins normally and runs for a while then gives this error.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/source/EQEmuServer/world'
make -C zone
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eqemu/source/EQEmuServer/zone'
makefile.common:2: *** missing separator. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/source/EQEmuServer/zone'
make: *** [all] Error 2
eqemu@linux:~/source/EQEmuServer$

I am assuming I am adding bot.o and botspellsai.o to the make file incorrectly. How and where is the proper way to add it to makefile.common?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:36 PM
scampbell70
Fire Beetle

I think I may have got it compiled but it still says #bot command not recognized. What logs do I need to post so that I can get help to fix the issues I am having. I am mildly autistic so please bear with me.

Here is the first portion of my makefile.common file in case I put the bot.o in the wrong place

APP=zone

#the non-perl zone can still compile and link all the perl objects

#because they are all #ifdef'd out anyways..

SF= .obj/EQPacket.o .obj/EQStream.o .obj/EQStreamFactory.o .obj/CRC16.o \

../common/timer.o ../common/packet_dump.o ../common/packet_functions.o \

../common/unix.o ../common/packet_dump_file.o ../common/Mutex.o ../common/MiscFunctions.o \

bot.o botspellsai.o zone.o entity.o mob.o client.o client_process.o npc.o net.o spawn2.o attack.o hate_list.o \

../common/serverinfo.o ../common/moremath.o worldserver.o spells.o spawngroup.o loottables.o \

faction.o Map.o watermap.o PlayerCorpse.o petitions.o MobAI.o Object.o ../common/eqtime.o \
Old 07-01-2011, 01:02 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

There's an error in your makefile.common. I would suggest reverting it and making the edits again very carefully. Try adding the extra files to the end of a line before the \ character to avoid any issues with messing up the tab/spaces at the beginning of a line.