Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:20 PM
neostrider69
Fire Beetle

Default Bad SpawnEntry's in Nedaria's Landing

Not sure if this is where I should be posting this... if it isn't please move it or let me know where I should post about it.

About 2 weeks ago I let my daughter run around on my emu which is the svn1712 build. using peqdb. She alerted me to what I thought was a glitch but it would seem that it was a change in the nedaria_chr files that fixed the human animal issues (apparently there is a massive difference between the Titanium and SoF releases for several zones) but then she spotted something else... none of the spawns at times made any sense. So I dug out an ancient mq2 source and compiled it zoned into nedaria's landing and discovered that it was a HUGE mess.

Here are a few examples of what I found.

spawngroupid, npcids associated with it, bad mob[what the mob should be based on location and rest of the group]

39749, 182028/182031, boatman182031 [bear]
39794, 182023/182080, wayfarer scout182023 [bear]
40175, 182043/182079, shipwright app182043 [basilisk]
40334, 182042/182083/182084, shipwright182042 [basilisk]

These are just a few I don't want to keep typing out the list but it's pretty long. There are mobs out swimming that shouldn't be in the seas as well. I just grabbed these ones. There are also quite a few misplaced standard nonchanging mobs in this zone as well. Nideo and her other Talosian pal aren't in the bear cave either.

Does anyone have a fix for these DB issues? Either a DB patch or did I miss someone elses patch? ATM this zone barely resembles to live as of Aug 2004 which was pre Omens.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
steve
Discordant

I'd grab a fresh collect of the zone, but I'm at work now and the live EQ copy I have on my flash drive isn't patched for HoT yet, so it would take forever for me to patch and get a collect.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I will try to do it sometime tonight.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I'd grab a fresh collect of the zone, but I'm at work now and the live EQ copy I have on my flash drive isn't patched for HoT yet, so it would take forever for me to patch and get a collect.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I will try to do it sometime tonight.
I just did a collect and uploaded it to the PEQ logs repo (under classic-original ... wasn't sure were it should really go).
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Well, this isn't a problem with the PEQ database. I checked the listed NPCs in this thread and they are fine. The zone overall looks fine as well, so I am not sure why you're having trouble :I
Old 11-30-2010, 04:50 AM
neostrider69
Fire Beetle

Thanks Derision... everything looks for the most part correct now. Just a little tweaking is left for Queen of Thorns.

Cavedude... I dunno... I'm pretty sure I'm using the peqdb_rev1667.sql even dumped it and reloaded it a few times without avail, including refetching the entire package. Once I removed all entries for Nedaria's (182) and sourced in Derision's everything that was a mess looked better.

Niolas Eldaquen
-----
Morden Rasp
www.merging.org