Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Progress on new zones

Okay so here is my question. I notice the emulator is still missing a lot of stuff in the database. Of all of the expansions and zones, we are what half way complete ? But there again I notice that the servers people are running are much past that and supposedly playable in the new content. So if other people have these things to some type of playable state then why are they not in PEQ ? Trevius you say on your server

Code:
In celebration of the completion of the new SoF/SoD leveling zones
You have the new zones working correct ? I know it is your server, the content may not even be close to live but you are running a legit server so I bet it is close. But I mean as a collaborative effort as this emulator is, I cannot understand why the server owners do not share in that. You share in your knowledge and answer questions on this board every single day and put so much time and effort into help us get up to speed. I am not complaining, more trying to understand what is going on. And before anyone says, "well what have you contributed ?", I have not contributing jack just yet but that is where I am going with this. I want to contribute my time into helping this project but why recreate the wheel when some of this may have already been done ?

So what I want to do is get the new zones working completely, like Freeport and others that have been revamped. There is a lot to learn but I have the time and am willing to put into this community since I have been mooching off of you guys for way too long. So where do I start, I am going to pick a zone and work on it till I am done but where are the dumps from live ? I need to dig through those first I guess or maybe I need to reactivate and do a zone dump myself ? I have to start somewhere !
Old 12-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Derision
Developer

The SQL generated from live packet collects are here:

http://www.peqtgc.com/logs/

organised by era.

As far as I know, most of that data should already be in the latest PEQ database, barring perhaps the very latest collects for House of Thule.

All the spawns generated from collects will need their stats tuning, factions and loot adding, and the auto-generated pathing grids are also not too great.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:10 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Okay so am to understand what we get from the packet collects are the spawn points but nothing like loot, factions, etc ? Is there anyway to get loot or do you have to get this the old fashioned way ?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Derision
Developer

The only data that is captured for spawns is the information sent by the server when you zone in (so name, class, race, level, appearance, other things like that).

The spawn point is also not captured, rather that is assumed to be the point where the mob currently is when you enter the zone. If a mob happened to spawn while you were doing the collect, then the real spawn point would be captured, but that would be rare, since it is recommended to do collects when no-one is fighting in the zone, otherwise the pathing data would be all screwed up.

Loot info isn't sent until the mob is killed, so that isn't captured. Likewise the server only sends the mobs % hitpoints, not an absolute value, so he extractor tool just makes a guess at HP based on level. If you look at one of the logs at the insert statement for npc_types, you will see what data is populated.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:07 AM
trevius
Developer

LOL, Provocating, I think you are not fully understanding what you are writing about my server in your first post.

First of all, Storm Haven is a Custom-Legit server. The Second "Legit" portion of that classification means that it does not allow access to GM commands. Servers that allow access to a few GM commands would be classified as Semi-Legit, and servers that allow access to most or all GM commands are considered Non-Legit. When I joined this community, that type of classification of servers was common and seemed to be understood by the community, but it seems it has lost its meaning over the years. I run into very many players (and even server owners) that don't understand that "Legit" doesn't mean your server tries to copy EQLive. And the First "Custom" part of Storm Haven's classification means we are a custom server that doesn't specifically try to copy EQLive in any way.

So, when I said that all of our SoF/SoD leveling content was done, I mean that I completed 5 new zones from level 1 to 70 that require the SoF client or later to access (meaning Titanium can't get to the zones). These zones were all fully spawned by hand by me before the packet collectors were even functional. I spawned them all from scratch without even ever seeing the zones on Live or reading a single thing about them. So, those zones are absolutely nothing like Live.

Not like I really need to defend myself here, but I think I do my fair share for this community. Posting to help people on these forums is just part of that. I also have the 3rd most source code commits on the SVN (KLS is 1st and Derision is 2nd). I think Titanium would still be the highest client EQEmu supports if I hadn't started work on SoF a couple years ago. I post perl stuff like plugins I have made that I think the community may find useful. Anything I do that may be useful for the whole community, I generally share it. And so on, but I don't really need to post my EQEmu resume here lol.

If/When we make Live-Like stuff for Storm Haven, I suspect we will share them with PEQ when they reach said expansion if they want anything we have.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Trust me, it was not a personal attack......at all.

I am just trying to understand what is going on. As long as I have been lurking I know which one on this forum contribute a lot, and you are one of the top. Like I said I was not even trying to attack you, opposite of it. I am looking for suggestions on how to go about a few things. Like on the new zones, to adjust loot and stats of the mobs I am hearing that I cannot do that with a packet collector, does that mean I am going to have to do a side by side computer with Live ?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 AM
trevius
Developer

I know you weren't trying to attack me and didn't take it that way. I was just trying to explain why your understanding/information was incorrect.

For filling out that content, yes, it pretty much has to all be done by hand other than spawns and pathing. Loot tables and such can mostly be gotten from websites like alla's and such. You will then still have quest scripts, tasks, factions, etc etc. It is a pretty long and painful process.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:08 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Well all i have is time.

I tell you what would really help me though. If any Firefox users on the forum could dump their bookmarks to me, that would be awesome.