Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:55 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Fixing bouncing mobs

Reading back over an old post said that the reason mobs bounce in some zones, but not others is from there spawn point z-axis being off. But I changed that to the same z-axis I was standing on, rezoned back into the zone and that mob still bounces. It would seem to me that the mob would bounce because of another reason, like a problem in the terrain right ? Do the mobs use the *.map file to find where to walk ?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:51 AM
joligario
Developer

Yes. Don't forget that your player size is usually taller than the NPCs. You can test if the spawn Z axis is the problem by repoping the NPC while visually looking at its spawnpoint. If it spawns in the air and then drops, then that is your problem.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Chanus
Hill Giant

There are some values in the database under rules_values that I think affect this. What I have currently (with no bouncing or floating issues) is:

Code:
Map:FixPathingZWHenLoading  -  true
Map:FixPathingZAtWaypoints  -  true
Map:FixPathingZWhenMoving   -  true
Map:FixPathingZOnSendTo     -  false

Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaSendTo     -  12.0
Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaLoading    -  12.0
Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaMoving     -  12.0
Map:FixPathingZMaxDeltaWaypoint   -  12.0
Tweaking the numbers may help.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:22 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Right, but zone into northro, not nro or maybe the new Freeport East, do you have bouncing mobs ?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Chanus
Hill Giant

Oh, I haven't checked any of the revamped zones.

And my EqEmuLoginServer.exe has apparently decided to take a crap on itself, so I can't check it out.

Awesome.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:50 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Are you using the precompiled version or compiling it yourself ?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Chanus
Hill Giant

You know, I have no idea :P

I use the SVN to download the quests/code/map/database and then I download the EQEmu-Rev1741-Bots.zip from the Google Code page and source it with MySQL.

I don't know the difference (I seem to know just enough to get myself in trouble ). Would a compiled version be like AxClassic?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Try this one first, tell me what it does.

http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/f...oginServer.rar
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Yes. Don't forget that your player size is usually taller than the NPCs. You can test if the spawn Z axis is the problem by repoping the NPC while visually looking at its spawnpoint. If it spawns in the air and then drops, then that is your problem.
Using George's tool, which is awesome by the way. I took a single spawn, and incrementing his up and down the z-axis. No matter if he was right on the ground, under the world or spawning above me, the same bouncing action. I even got the spawn into a .1 increment and he still bounced. Wonder if maybe it is not the spawns location but something else I am missing.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Using George's tool, which is awesome by the way. I took a single spawn, and incrementing his up and down the z-axis. No matter if he was right on the ground, under the world or spawning above me, the same bouncing action. I even got the spawn into a .1 increment and he still bounced. Wonder if maybe it is not the spawns location but something else I am missing.
It sounds like you are missing the .map files for those zones. If you use the GM command #bestz and it says Maps disabled in this zone, then that is your problem.

If you are compiling your own source, compile azone2 (which is in the utils directory of the source tree), copy azone2.exe to your client directory, then type azone2 northro, for example. This will produce a northro.map which you can then copy into your server Maps directory.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Man you are awesome, giving that a go.