Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:28 AM
trevius
Developer

For most objects (maybe all of them), you need to add _ACTORDEF to the end of the name for them to work. So, "CAMPFIRE" becomes "CAMPFIRE_ACTORDEF".

Also, you might want to use s3dspy or the global model viewer to find your models for objects. The .mod files are the ones you want. Another thing is to make sure you always add the name in all capitals or they won't work.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Bellos
Hill Giant

so for CAMPFIRE its CAMPFIRE_ACTORDEF not SPRITEDEF right and only .mod files can be used?

And you can use objects from s3d and eqg right not just eqg?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 AM
trevius
Developer

You can only use the object from the zone that is loaded. It will be either the eqg or the s3d of the zone you are in. If the zone you are in has both file types, it always loads the eqg version and ignores the s3d version. If you want to use the old version, you can rename your eqg version and restart EQ.

And no, if the full name is CAMPFIRE_SPRITEDEF.mod, then you will need to add CAMPFIRE_SPRITEDEF_ACTORDEF, I think. You can test this out in-game fairly easily by using the #object command. Just type the following:

#object add 12345 0 CAMPFIRE_SPRITEDEF_ACTORDEF

Of course that is only going to work if that model name really exists in the zone you are wanting to use it in. It doesn't look right to me, but I don't know where you got that from.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Bellos
Hill Giant

I got the sprite def from ecommons_obj.s3d or everfrost_obj.s3d
Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 PM
trevius
Developer

I am not sure about those files. The ones I pull object names from is <zonename>.eqg or <zonename>.s3d, not <zonename>_obj.s3d.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yeah, some objects only pull by putting '_ACTORDEF' in front of them. Although usually when you try to write it or '#save object' to the database, it gives a write error because the string is too long apparently. But that is the only way some objects pull, especially the 101, 100, type objects.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I am not sure about those files. The ones I pull object names from is <zonename>.eqg or <zonename>.s3d, not <zonename>_obj.s3d.
ahh ok, ill try that then.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Oh wait do I have to use S3D spy, extract the models i want and put it in my zones model file or do i just put a line for the file in the shortname_assets.txt like was stated in the beginning of this thread.

Also it seems that all the "Models" i was trying to use werent .mod files.

Using S3D spy it seems like only the Newer zones contain . mod files not the older ones. Like Northro does but nro doesnt.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 AM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Figured id post this here, this is what ive learned

I only know for a fact that you can use files that were originally in the zone.

They will only show up correct after you save the object.

Its also easier to use the database with navicat or whatever to add the object than the in game command. The command seems buggy at setting the height ect...

If the name is OBJ_ROCKS_D in s3dspy that is what you need to put it, you dont need to add _ACTORDEF or _SPRITEDEF after it unless its in the name.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 PM
jtcoyle
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a 3D editor

I want to try my hand at creating 3D content for EQEmulator.

Can someome please head me in the right direction. I have searched for programs to open or edit .s3d files but I have not had much luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Joe