Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Hateborne
Hill Giant

Question Floating instead of Falling?

Good Afternoon,

Within the last two source updates and a few adjustment to our server's rule_values, jumping off cliffs/ledges has gone from an angled decline to a short rise followed by immediately being stopped to fall at 1/3 of the normal speed. Is anyone else experiencing this and is it source related, or something that my dumbass has broken with rule_values?

In a nutshell:

-Hate
Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Just done some testing, and Jumping off the Large Spires in Dreadlands is only doing 50-70 damage, which seems wrong unless something has massively changed since my day.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:57 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Rebuilt this morning to apply Akkadius's patch, set Dreadlands gravity to 1 rather than 0.4, and took 200000 rather than 49.

Good Work!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

As a side note, setting Gravity to 0 results in your character becoming stuck if you jump.

So, don't do that.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:05 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Been playing with this a lot now, and it still seems that something is out-of-whack.

If you set the vale low (say the default of 0.4) you can basically go skydiving and only take 50 or so damage. While if you set it high, you take a couple of hundred just from tripping over.

I can't seem to find the sweet spot where small falls do hardly any damage, but long falls are fatal. At a guess, the falling formula is hitting the maximum damage value far to soon.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:16 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Fall damage is initially calculated client side and the server simply honors it after AA and skill calculations and such
Old 02-21-2015, 05:18 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Actually, disregard that past. Doing a bit more testing and something weird is going on with Dreadlands. Jumping of three of the spires kills me, while the North West one of them seems to have some sort of invisible safety net?

Of course, that's the one I picked at random for leaping from....
Old 03-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Hateborne
Hill Giant

I'm more curious about the sudden "air braking". I'm not sure where or how it appeared. Is this a client-side issue or is everyone else "air braking"?

-Hate