Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Default Kind of cool idea.

Alright, so after you read this post you will understand how bored I was. But anyway, I had an idea that sounded really really interesting for a server and/or new game.

Imagine playing EQ, but instead of running up to a mob, and turning on auto-attack and waiting for it to die, YOU control the way you hit, where you hit, how you hit, ect. I know this has been done in singleplayer games, and some online multiplayer games, but RARELY in online RPG games. The computer basically decides how you hit, and controls the fights. I was thinking just how much better EQ would be if you could control those aspects.

Also, making armor and weapons have no stats (+20 DEX, +10 SVFire) ect, and solely going on player skills, not the item's skills, would add something much more fun. If you want to help out with balancing and what not, putting a skill mod on the weapon probably would make just enough difference to help balancing. But anyway, only weapon graphics are what varied from weapon to weapon, as well as weapon type.

Armor would be just that... armor. No attribute boost, no special clickies, just AC. Only difference would be graphics.

Basically, I am thinking of making a new game, but some, or most, of these aspects could be applied to Emu servers. If anyone is interested in this and wants to start making a game like this, let me know cause I will help for sure. The basic run down of this would be as followed:

Fighting:
- Point and click. Kind of like CS where you choose, and certain points have weaker armor, and is more vulnerable. Also you control swinging speed, swinging power, ect.

Weapons:
- As described above. Same with armor

World:
- One giant zone.

Basically that's it. Everything inbetween is not important at the moment. Was kind of wanting to make it like modern type, but the world has gone to shit, and guns,ect, are not around. You find weapons using the enviroment. Such as picking up a pole to use, a knife, a bat, ect, ect. I think it would offer a lot more to gaming than the basic hack and slash rpgs like EQ, and give it variety and more fun.

If you want more info, PM me. I am not expecting anything to come out of this post, just thought I would give idea to community and see what people think. I would do it, or try, by myself, but I do not have the skills/money to do it, unfortunately. But yea, if anyone wants to work on it, I would love to help.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Burnfist
Fire Beetle

They made games like that, freeworld or something was, some otehr FPS MMORPG was too, they suck tho badly, because the model isnt very fun after 20 mins
Old 08-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Oh. I just really want to play it. Like, if any has played the game GunZ, I want to that type of gameplay and feel, and put it into a fantasy/modern world, and put quests, mobs, ect, and also keep the pvp. I think it would be better than having people competting for weapons and armor based on attribute value. Instead, they would get items based on they way they look. That way, they could focus on playing the game itself, not getting items.

Also, I think that it would be more entertaining for people if you were good based on YOUR skill's, not the skills of the items' your carrying. I don't know, if I was ever a game programmer, I would deffinately do this. Too bad im not though, heh.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:17 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default eh..

[QUOTE=Woodlife Treestrider]
World:
- One giant zone.

[QUOTE]

I want the computer that could handle that.....
I been trying without any luck to force load a lot of the extra EQ expansion mobs.basicly I put all the eq mobs in one file and put them in nexus....
it will crash your client every time.....

www.cheaterz.info
Old 08-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Burnfist
Fire Beetle

well Wow is like that, im pretty sure he just meant some new game with a wide continent or something