Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 AM
eski2
Hill Giant

Default increase in AA scope

I can't find out if this has been dealt with before but i was wondering if it was possible to extend the AAs using SQL or is that hardcoded in the client?

It would be nice to add new ones and increase the value of the old ones, eg divine innate abilities that mean the strength caps could increase even further, AAs that reduce the weight of coin carried (for those monks fearing the copper coin), and even AAs for divine abilities e.g. levitation, unlimited safe fall, immunity to environmental damage and so forth.

What about an AA for henchman? Incorporating the bot code i guess. Not that it will work on my system (*grumble*) But a warrior with mulitiple pets, some warriors of the same species and some animals, would be very cool, as would a wizard with assorted crony goblins and orcs.

I think with enough levels and AA, any character should be able to solo through POP. That said, i think it should be A LOT of them, but it should still be possible.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
trevius
Developer

Did you not check the replies to your original post on this subject here: ?

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...781#post149781
Old 06-02-2008, 12:15 AM
eski2
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Did you not check the replies to your original post on this subject here: ?

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...781#post149781
The replies occurred after i posted the question here? So unless the date stamp i am seeing is wrong, it wouldn't have helped, unless i had had access to time travel technology.

This area seemed more appropriate in any case. Especially as KLS said:
"Adding or changing an AA is pretty involved, especially dealing with the two clients, and yeah unless your aa casts an implemented # spell it requires some code work."

So it's a "Development::Feature Requests" issue and not a "Support::General Support" matter. Since I can't program C++, asking for a how-to was the wrong question in the first place. I had assumed it was just a matter of a few SQL commands.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 AM
trevius
Developer

The date stamps are way off on the forums. I see you did post this before KLS's reply. Either way, double posting is normally frowned upon, because then you get people working on the same issue in multiple places, which causes more work overall. No biggie really, but try to keep it in 1 place when possible.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:13 AM
KLS
Administrator

I've thought about this some more and I'm pretty certain I'm going to move AA's into a system where they will be almost fully modifiable with SQL, there will need to be some code hacks here and there because some effects are just not known. The code I have in could be easily extended to a spell bonus-ish system so it would be a matter of implementing the various aa effects and writing the sql(and getting it somewhere people would be able to get it).
Old 06-15-2008, 02:24 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

that would be great KLS!

been able to mod AA would be very nice - like altering how many ranks AA can have and such.

btw I have experimented a bit with it, and I noticed that you CAN curently lower a level at which aa could be purchased.

I took the STR AA on 1st tab and gave it req lev 15, then i gave myself 1 AA point at lev 15 and was able to purchase it.

however when i tried to increase number of ranks in STR AA, it would not work
Old 06-15-2008, 04:59 AM
KLS
Administrator

Well, you can tech. change just about anything about an AA atm BUT it's very very involved and requires some code work in almost every circumstance. I want to move away from this so we can implement passive aas more easily, because frankly I just don't have the time to do them all myself for a while and it's really bothered me that I've left it unfinished so if I at least make it so people who are willing to take the time can add them I wont feel as bad for not having as much time as I used to. =p