Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 03-27-2010, 01:50 AM
alphagnome
Fire Beetle

Default corpse never unlocks?

i've noticed some mobs never seem to unlock for those not in group that killed it. where is this set? can it be affected by quest commands?

thanks
Old 03-27-2010, 02:20 AM
KLS
Administrator

There's a field in the database "npc_types.private_corpse", which only lets the corpse unlock for those that killed the mob if it's set.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:25 AM
alphagnome
Fire Beetle

thanks.

what about the situation where someone is involved in the kill group but dies. they are then res'd back but unable to loot. is this as intended?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
trevius
Developer

They did not get credit for the kill, which is why they don't get access to loot it. I think that probably works as it should, but it wouldn't hurt to have some code to support allowing players in the same group to be able to always open corpses owned by the group or something like that.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:17 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

dang, this is very nice feature i wasn't aware of, as it prevents outside looting, when a person kills things for his low level alt to get him no drop items.

Could this feature be expanded up on to make a true trivial kill code, like Firiona Vie server had on LIVE? So no one above certain level can get the loot if mob was trivial to kill?
Old 03-28-2010, 10:46 AM
alphagnome
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
They did not get credit for the kill, which is why they don't get access to loot it. I think that probably works as it should, but it wouldn't hurt to have some code to support allowing players in the same group to be able to always open corpses owned by the group or something like that.
yea but they were there to make the kill possible. People die in raids all the time. That shouldn't make their contribution not count toward loot The concept is sound but I think it could be adjusted a bit. Maybe add them to some list if they were involved in the killing group/raid and generated any hate at all then they should be a valid looter. I don't think just checking if they are in the owning group would work. Someone could just invite them and let them loot, unless the group members were saved ahead of time and looter was checked against that.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

technically a raid window loot lock should take care of this, that only people in raid can loot, and dieing/rezing no longer should be a problem
Old 03-28-2010, 03:05 PM
alphagnome
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
technically a raid window loot lock should take care of this, that only people in raid can loot, and dieing/rezing no longer should be a problem
that's fine if the flag is only on raid only mobs i suppose. in the event that you kill a private flagged mob with a single group you'd be screwed out of loot for dying. just a thought.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:45 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well by my logic, a non raid mob prabobly should not be private flagged.
This is something you should discuss with your server gms.
Unless our devs could implement Group-locking like in EQ2. (which works just like raid locking, but for single groups or even individuals)
Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM
alphagnome
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
well by my logic, a non raid mob prabobly should not be private flagged.
This is something you should discuss with your server gms.
Unless our devs could implement Group-locking like in EQ2. (which works just like raid locking, but for single groups or even individuals)
Agreed. I'm sure there are circumstances where you would lose loot. For example, if you go LD/crash before mob dies or even after it's dead how does this effect loot? I'm sure there are other situations. For these cases it would be nice if the corpse retained some memory of who helped kill it but I don't know how feasible this is. I'm not even exactly sure how it all works with the current implementation so maybe that is covered.

Anyway, not bashing the option, i like that it's available I just hate to see someone lose out on their due loot in specific situations
Old 03-29-2010, 05:21 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

i agree, if corpse could remember who killed him , it would be awesome.
Basically, in a way, it already exists - when you have a normal creature corpse you just killed - it KNOWS that only you is allowed to loot it. This parts simply need to be carried over to private corpses and extended to zoning out and back and dieing/rezing cases.