Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Default LOTR - The Years of Trees custom legit 1.75x exp

I have been working on this server as a personal project. It has a bunch of custom content and Ive had quite a few players ask me to post on here looking for a host.

I do not have the financial means to host it atm (i cant afford a 100 a month host) and my town doesnt offer anything faster then 400kbps up for internet.

If anyone is interested or willing to host it for me I would appreciate it. I dont expect anyone to be because thats usually the way things works, but im just asking on behalf of my players.

Currently I have content developed up to level 85+ 3 group zones and 1 raid zone that is almost finished. I have many other ideas in the process of being implemented but im not in any rush since I dont currently have a host.

If your interested Message me on AIM on Enoranthos or stop by my server when it is up.

If you wanna experience the full scale of it, Download the spell file and globalload from theyearsoftrees.tk
Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Smile

Hope u find someone to host your server man as i think its the best SoD server i have seen. I played on this server till i couldent do anymore due to not having sod client but damn did u put alot of hard work into it. The Sharku fight was fun and the goblin bosses.

I really do hope u find a host as this is the one sod server i could see actually getting a population over 40.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Thanks, I hope so too. Ill keep working on it, i need some people to test the raid zone out
Old 10-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astal View Post
Thanks, I hope so too. Ill keep working on it, i need some people to test the raid zone out

Ive been trying to put it up daily whenever IM on my pc, so it should be up for atleast 4 ours or so each day.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:22 PM
qlain69
Fire Beetle

I'll be glad to test the raid
Old 10-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlain69 View Post
I'll be glad to test the raid
Feel free, its up atm, should be for a bit. I also may have a host now, a guy just contacted me so lets home.

If so I will be looking for a dev or 2 and some GMs
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Default Its official

Im now looking for dedicated developers and GMs to help with the server. We have a 24 7 host thanks to a very kind guy from the forums here.

Its up now but not with my database. I need him to allow me to upload items to his server.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Ok so the server we had, was too laggy so we are back to no server. im waiting for a guy to contact me about a good server
Old 11-14-2010, 10:54 AM
neiv2
Hill Giant

You didn't mention much about what your server is. What's the theme? What makes it worth looking into? I noticed your post begins with LOTR. Is this a Lord-of-the-Rings based server? What is the significance of "The Years of Trees"?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Having played on this server for quite some time i can tell u its pretty badass. it does revolve around Lord of the rings and years of the trees is the main quest in the game. The server is custom and well done but it does Req SoD (hence the reason i quit) but if u have SoD client i def recommend checking it out.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfuson88 View Post
Having played on this server for quite some time i can tell u its pretty badass. it does revolve around Lord of the rings and years of the trees is the main quest in the game. The server is custom and well done but it does Req SoD (hence the reason i quit) but if u have SoD client i def recommend checking it out.
Yeah, hahaha sorry bout that, the SoD client can be found easily online if ya know what I mean hahahaha.

Im still waiting to hear back from a guy about a 24 7 host, so ive just been taking it easy recently.

That and ive been broken out in hives head to toe the last 2 weeks so its hard to keep my sanity let alone do a lot of work on the server lol
Old 11-14-2010, 05:05 PM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Just trying to understand the theme. The Years of the Trees in Tolkien occurred before the sun and moon, or even men, were created (only elves and sleeping dwarves existed). Just curious how closely your server follows the story line. : ) I'm curious because I too have a private LOTR-themed server that takes place in the latter part of the Third Age. I have lots of custom content and unique quests. If it's a match and you're interested we may be able to do some content sharing.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiv2 View Post
Just trying to understand the theme. The Years of the Trees in Tolkien occurred before the sun and moon, or even men, were created (only elves and sleeping dwarves existed). Just curious how closely your server follows the story line. : ) I'm curious because I too have a private LOTR-themed server that takes place in the latter part of the Third Age. I have lots of custom content and unique quests. If it's a match and you're interested we may be able to do some content sharing.
Eh mine is just a personal story. Its not holding true to any story line really. It has many elements of lord of the rings but branches off in to sci-fi and fantasy universes.

For example, sauron gets hold of the ring and frees morgoth bauglir from his prison in the void. Upon escaping morgoth causes tears in the fabric of space time leading to other worlds such as.

Los Angeles/Quartoth from the Angel TV series

The world of final fantasy 7

and possibly the world of Avatar the last airbender.

I just dont wanna tell the same story from the movies/books because there is no way on earth i could do it justice using EQ emu hahaha.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

OK i currently have a new 24 7 host and this dudes connection is decent.

So if anyone wants to help me develope for the server lemme know or be a gm
Old 11-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Im currently looking for Gms/Developers to

- Help spawn zones
- Spell work
- Balancing
- Testing

and just about anything else you wanna do so let me know.
Closed Thread