Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

Default Merchant ID, GeorgeS Tools, Custom Merchants

Having some confusion here.

I've tried making an NPC, and using GeorgeS tool to "make npc a merchant" - That appears not to work. So I used the Custom NPC Maker tool and created one that is a "shopkeeper". It gave merchant_ID of 1000. The next one I created gave merchant_id of 1000 as well. I changed it to 1001 and went to "Merchant Editor" to see if the merchant_id was already being used. List was empty. So I added items to it.

Problem I am having is that items are not showing up. In fact, the only item showing up isn't even on the list.

If I want to just make a new NPC merchant with a custom merchant list, what's the best way of going about it?

I'm not complaining about GeorgeS tools, as they are very helpful (and free!). However, they seem to be causing me more trouble when trying to edit particulars. I am finding it much easier to just use Navicat and edit the database manually.

What suggestions do you guys have for this process? I've been looking on forums for any sort of guide for about two hours today. If I'm just missing it, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

While I'd like to edit this to hide my mistake, I won't. Haha! I realized that the items I wanted to show up were new items I had just created. I had not rebooted server yet. Please excuse that part. They show fine now.

Regardless, I'd still appreciate any guidance on what people have found works for them the best.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

If I'm going to create a merchant, I would make however many items I need, restart the server, then create the merchant, so that the items go straight in, and you may know this, but tip to those who may not, once a Merchant ID is created, it cannot be modified without a world restart, so if you forget an item and the NPC has the Merchant ID on him, you will have to restart to fix it, or create a new Merchant ID with the correct items.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:28 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

One really interesting issue with merchants i have just discovered, is that for some reason if the merchantid number is the same number as an item; the merchant will not sell any other item after that in the list. Its very easy to work around this by making sure that item is the last item listed (i.e. has the highest slot number) but it did give me hours of fun to work out what was going on.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
joligario
Developer

One of the things we noticed in the past is that the client handles the display of the merchant items and if there is a gap in item slots, it stops there. Is it possible the slots weren't consecutive?