Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:09 AM
cybernine186
Sarnak

Default Vallon Zek/Tallon Zek Server Opened

I have recently reopened the Vallon Zek/Tallon Zek server and made numerous additions to the server.

This server is based on Classic-Velious and will end there. Currently Velious still needs work some mobs are not itemized but hard work is being pressed forward toward this goal.

Some of what makes this server so unique and popular all over again is our ability to crash MQ users. We have had great success with the MQ user community of being able to stop 99% of all MQ clients possible even 100%.

Please stop over at our forums and check things out at http://emu.pwned.com.

Aslo we are in the process of moving the server to a data center with a 2mbit connection very soon. Currently it is running on a 1mbit connection so our resources are limited.

Currently we have 78 static zones and 30 dynamic zones. The server is running on the following hardware.
  • Dell Poweredge SC1425 1u server
  • Dual 3.6GHZ Xeon CPU processors
  • 4GB RAM
  • Windows 2003 Server

Lead GM Voidd of Vallon Zek/Tallon Zek
Old 10-10-2009, 01:09 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Good luck with this. I was bummed to see Dax take down this server, but understand how life goes =) Glad to see the server back, even tho I am not a player, it just looks good hanging there in the server list
Old 11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
cybernine186
Sarnak

I wanted to bump this up a bit and also state some changes with the server for those who don't know.

The VZTZ project has been revived by me and Keegan which is an original member when the project 1st opened up.

The souce code has been rewritten about 40% from what it was prior. A large list of enhancements and code fixes are found here.

One of the server's biggest highlights is its Anti-MQ crash code. Currently it crashes MQ users as soon as they load MQ at any point in game. We have seen a HUGE reduction of cheaters and hackers since this code has been added.

Velious has been opened and we are revamping the zones to the original velious status for mobs and loot.

Jewelry craft tradeskill combines have been fixed to receive the proper item for all combines.

Rogues backstab has been corrected to be more like the Velious era and apply poison works properly here. Any poison applied will be remove after 1 proc.

All spells have been reverted to classic though velious including some spell effects that was removed from some spells in later expansions was readed.

Also we are looking into putting the server in a data center some time we hope within two weeks.

The server runs around 130 static zones and 0 dynamic zones with 5% CPU usage with 60 players online.

Anything from the Luclin expansion and above has been removed, this server does not offer AA's but a more classic though Velious feel with guild based PvP.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Double bump; probably the best PvP Server on the public login you'll see for a while.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
eqemuross
Hill Giant

we need vz/tz back on the preferred list. if rogean sees this can you help us out? population has basically doubled in the last few weeks.

ty
Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 PM
cybernine186
Sarnak

The VZ/TZ Server has returned to its GREEN status. We are scheduled to install the server in the data center Sunday the 22 of November 2009.

The server will have a much larger bandwidth and better ping for our American players and our Swedish players also.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Fadedspirit
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernine186 View Post
The VZ/TZ Server has returned to its GREEN status. We are scheduled to install the server in the data center Sunday the 22 of November 2009.

The server will have a much larger bandwidth and better ping for our American players and our Swedish players also.
cyber, I pmed you about if you need another GM/Guide (previously a Guide for the original VZ/TZ who left due to RL time consumption).

Old 11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
eqemuross
Hill Giant

check out the new promo video by: smedy

probably the best EQ video I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1NT8ooVsw&hd=1
Old 11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Zlandicar
Sarnak

WTB more people on this server.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:52 AM
cybernine186
Sarnak

As of November 22, 2009 we have moved our server to a data center with larger bandwith and a good firewall. Lately I'v seen around 120+ players on and wish to see more.

Please stop by and check us out and let us know what you think. Also we have updates very often which can be found on our forums http://emu.pwned.com
Old 12-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Ciraith
Fire Beetle

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the EQ EMU community and wanted to stay Hi.

What is the rule-set for the TZ/VZ server? I used to play years ago on retail and would love to play again.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:49 AM
FonzoRelli
Sarnak

Ciraith you can visit our site at emu.pwned.com and if thats down, try old.pwned.com

Also this weekend December 26th and 27th the staff will be holding a Christmas PvP event for players of ALL level ranges. visit our website for more details!