Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Baltros101
Fire Beetle

Default Corrupt Player Crashing Zone

Hi All,

I have a character on my test server that seems to be corrupted, and each time he tries to enter the world the zone crashes. This is on my test server and the binaries were updated and re-compiled updated yesterday with bots enabled. I created a new character, spawned some bots, and killed a few things. Then, suddenly after camping and repopping a bot, the client became unresponsive and the lag meter descended to 0%. Now, every time I log the character in the zone crashes. If anyone is in the zone when this character tries to enter, their lagmeter counts down from 100% to 0% and they're kicked. Players in other zones are fine, so this is purely this one zone (Feerrott).

I can create new characters, which can successfully spawn bots, so the server seems OK. Only this one character has become corrupt.

I have looked at the logs and there don't seem to be any errors, but the moment that the character logs in, the server terminal shows '[sudo] password for eqemu: ', but I can't type anything in, it's purely a terminal output. So, it seems like the server is trying to access something or do something that it can't.

This is only a test server with a test character, so I'm not concerned about deleting him, but I am concerned what's happened here and whether this could happen to a character I've invested a lot of time in. Has anyone seen this before please? And, can anyone suggest how to either fix this character or debug what's going on?