Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Necro bone chips

I recently started another necro (you have to play the game if you want to know what you did really works); When I got to a comfy level to camp Ill Omen (no hoppers now!), I noticed the way bone chips dropped;
A weird, no drop lore bone chip and usually little or no good chips for the necro pet.

the drop table for most all skeles in all zones look like this;
Quote:
12695 Bone Chips [lucy]
13073 Bone Chips [lucy]
13326 Bone Chips [lucy]
13327 Bone Chips [lucy]
13328 Bone Chips [lucy]
13329 Bone Chips [lucy]
13330 Bone Chips [lucy]
13331 Bone Chips [lucy]
The only usable chip here is the one with ID 13073, rest are quest chips. So what happens here is (assuming you had a 40% chance to drop), you have 40% possible chance for another one in 8 chance to get a good chip for the necro, and if there were a quest that required a certain bone chip, it would be a one in eight chance you get the right one (more than likely, you would tun in the wrong quest item).
I noticed most all skeles in most all zones in both PEQ and AX_PEQ database have this lootdrop arrangement assigned to them.
I don't see why this should be other than someone thought they were all common drop bone chips and this would make a better possibility?
Probably the best thing to do would be delete all these entries, then if there is a quest for a lore bone chip, try and match the right chip to the right zone (add it to the loot). I imagine the reason for all the different lore bone chips was so you couldn't get a lore chip in a given zone, and go turn it it to another Zone/quest.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:55 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The original script that pulled the loot tables had no way of determining which was which by name, that's why they are like that. I have been meaning to correct that, the trick is just to write a script that sets the proper percentage based on the rest of the items in the table after the lore chips have been removed.

So far, I haven't found a purpose for most of the lore chips. But, it wouldn't be an issue to take them on a one by one basis.

As for the regular bones chips, they too drop too much. On live, you really had to farm to get a good collection going. On Grand Creation, I have several bags full after only some casual hunting.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I had already started fixing them;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/bone_chips.rar
Should cover most entries.

EDIT: That may not work on PEQ database, let me test it first when I get home

Last edited by Angelox; 01-04-2008 at 11:39 AM..
Old 01-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

seems to work on PEQ too, but the PEQ I have is about 2 weeks old. its just changes to skeletons in various zones. probably same old data we all started with.

EDIT:
DOES NOT WORK FOR PEQ DB!! I'll post PEQ DB Bone chip fixes later

Last edited by Angelox; 01-04-2008 at 02:40 PM..
Old 01-04-2008, 03:29 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Found some more;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/bone_chips2.rar
Old 01-04-2008, 04:41 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Thanks! It merged in fine.

To make your search easier:

Code:
select n.id, n.name, lte.loottable_id, lde.lootdrop_id
from npc_types n
inner join loottable lt on n.loottable_id = lt.id
inner join loottable_entries lte on lt.id = lte.loottable_id
inner join lootdrop_entries lde on lte.lootdrop_id = lde.lootdrop_id
where lde.item_id = 12695;
Will give you the npcid, npcname, lootdropid, and loottableid of the tables left with those bogus bone chips in them. PEQ started with 281, and after your queries it is now down to 162. You might want to run that query with each of the item ids (minus 13073 of course) as tacking an or statement on the end of course creates 7 times the results.

As for the purpose of the other chips, according to Lucy, 12695 drops off of lumpy goo in dalnir, presumably for a quest. The other 6 are all sequential which tells me they are all in the same quest, I would assume some sort of find these items, stick them in this container, combine, and hand the result back to me.

Last edited by cavedude; 01-04-2008 at 12:45 PM..
Old 01-04-2008, 04:52 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

12695 (and there is a 12694 that exists in our db, but does not drop at all) both drop off of lumpy goo and are a part of the Spirit of Golin quest. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=2682

The remaining 6 have an unknown purpose, at least to Allah, Lucy, and a quick Google search.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Doesn't work for PEQ, I'll post PEQ bonechip fixes later
Old 01-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

here's the PEQ bone chip fixes - should cover most of them.