Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 PM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

Default svn & release numbering confusiuon

ok I have compiled the latest from svn, managed to get it running with Active perl 5.12 , however I had to totally redo a new database and from reading and serching during all this - and sorry if Im just to thick - how is all this numbered?
db_dump.sql from SVN is 1900? How does the server version tie into that, or does it?
Im confused because Ive had to go back through the filed numerically to get quests / tasks working and - just now - for bots ( 1723 )

I know clear as mud, its a curse..... anyway ...... Im wondering if anyone put together a list of how far back we need to source in the "updates' to have a complete database? All I found by serching is random hints here and there.
The updates I have are from 1 to 2004 in the svn, most seem redundant when run.

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone but me, Ive tried to searc it out - a definitive answer - couldnt find it, well not one my noob brain could fathom.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Default db_dump.sql;

Ok, so your uptodate via SVN, so you sourced db_dump.sql; correct?

db_dump.sql is equal to rev 1900. (Just think of db_dump.sql as Rev1900)
So, when sourcing in the updates, you MUST source in 1711, and Edite it accordingly. (Open with notepad and delete the first line)

Then, for the rest of the updates, you only need updates 1900 +.

unless the update is marked as optional, you need it. Even if it isnt marked as required, you need it. So just follow the one rule, unless it says optional in the name of the update, source it! =) (That is anything 1900+).

Apoc.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:34 AM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc.Index View Post
Ok, so your uptodate via SVN, so you sourced db_dump.sql; correct?

db_dump.sql is equal to rev 1900. (Just think of db_dump.sql as Rev1900)
So, when sourcing in the updates, you MUST source in 1711, and Edite it accordingly. (Open with notepad and delete the first line)

Then, for the rest of the updates, you only need updates 1900 +.

unless the update is marked as optional, you need it. Even if it isnt marked as required, you need it. So just follow the one rule, unless it says optional in the name of the update, source it! =) (That is anything 1900+).

Apoc.
Thank you very much