Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:18 PM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

Default pet wont accept weapons

I've tried this with a range of levels, this is a new things with the current svn compiled using 512. I'm not sure what would trigger this. Is anyone aware of this? search brings up nothing, though perhapsmy search-fu is weak (to quote another user on here - love it ;] )
Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Revision 512? I hope that was a typo. The current emulator revision is 2012 and can be found here:
Code:
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer/
Old 09-17-2011, 09:50 PM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
Revision 512? I hope that was a typo. The current emulator revision is 2012 and can be found here:
Code:
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer/

yeah fingures couldnt keep up lol. I compiled using perl 5.12

also that should be what I just compiled yesterday from svn correc t?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:07 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Yeah, my fingers have that very same issue.

Were your pets taking weapons prior to updating your emulator revision? If so after updating did you get all the required updates from
Code:
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils/sql/svn/
If a required update is missing you can end up with all sorts of funny issues.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:57 PM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Yeah, my fingers have that very same issue.

Were your pets taking weapons prior to updating your emulator revision? If so after updating did you get all the required updates from
Code:
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils/sql/svn/
If a required update is missing you can end up with all sorts of funny issues.
I belive I applied all that should be needed. I applied all the 1900+ and 1723*edit... should I doo 1700-2004?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:00 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

If you used the most recent database from
Code:
http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
then you should not need to source the updates prior to 1900 as they should already be in the database.

Just out of curiousity I compiled emulator rev2012 to see if the pet weapon issue would happen to me and it did not.

Are there any errors in your emulator log files? Does everything else work on your server?

Do you have all of the emulator map files from
Code:
http://code.google.com/p/eqemu-maps/source/list
Not even sure if this is relevent but did you remember to move the plugins from %emulatordirectory\quests\plugins to %emulatordirectory\plugins
Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 AM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
If you used the most recent database from
Code:
http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
then you should not need to source the updates prior to 1900 as they should already be in the database.

Just out of curiousity I compiled emulator rev2012 to see if the pet weapon issue would happen to me and it did not.

Are there any errors in your emulator log files? Does everything else work on your server?

Do you have all of the emulator map files from
Code:
http://code.google.com/p/eqemu-maps/source/list
Not even sure if this is relevent but did you remember to move the plugins from %emulatordirectory\quests\plugins to %emulatordirectory\plugins
I did. I have all the latest svn I belive I have ewverything the guides ( multiple guides at that ) say to grab with tortoisesSVN. I did install some code I grabed off the forums here for the defient drops, wich adds to the loot_drop tables. everything else is db_dump, bots, 1723, and 1900+. I go through it again to see, all new DB from scratch for testing.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:13 AM
sorvani
Dragon

i am not in front of a machine with the svn on it at the moment but what is update 1723? You should not need anything < 1900.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:30 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It's for bots. The bot tables aren't in the dump, and the sql to create the tables wasn't updated to reflect the current schema.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 PM
sorvani
Dragon

ah, makes sense now ty.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:17 AM
trevius
Developer

There is a rule that allows NPCs to accept no drop items or not. Pets should not use no drop weapons anyway, so the rule basically just prevents people from accidentally handing no drop quest items to pets instead of quest NPCs. If the weapons you are trying to give them are no drop, you might need to check that rule, but I don't think they should be taking them either way. Pets should only take and equip tradeable weapons/items.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 AM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

Ive been testing, and:

The bots pets wont accept weapons either - though I can equip them in the db (botpetinventory).
Arris accepts and equips as well as the buffer ( in tutorialb)

BUT the combat abilities guy wont, nor will a few other npcs. I mention this because the pets are acting just like they do.

I loaded up a DB / bin set(0.8.0 dl (perl 5.10 based) - peq db v54 all ready set and running - I was playing before I compiled with perl 5.12 ) that i know works and its all blank - empty world. I think active perl 5.12 has something to do with this as it works fine with strawberry 5.10

Oh - these are rusty two handers, long sowrds, ect. nothing fancy. NOTE: The mage pets will NOT accept the mage summoned weapons either.

so, im sure it user error - but aside from yanking perl... not sure what to do. I use "revision bots" because the pre-compiled bot are healing the mobs and these dont.... gah .
Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Dont know if it's related but it appears my quest hand-ins are ignored as well. I checked and the quests exist in the quest directory but neither the accept good items or reject wrong items conditionals appear to be firing.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Edit isnt working for me...

FOrget I said anything. I'd forgotten to copy the plugins out of quests is all.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:20 PM
insertname1
Fire Beetle

ok, i did 2 seperate db builds. one with only db_dump and NON-optional updates.... and one with everything.. 1700-2004..... no change.