Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Muuss
Dragon

0.5.2 is out.

A few fixes, and several improvements :

- You can now export a spell list to a csv file, compatible with excel. This is a fast and easy way to create and print spell's list. Spells can be filtered by class, level, or even their name.

- I ve added a Strategy menu, for now, it only contains a script that allows a player to compare his weapons. Calculations are based on Emu's source code and Monkley Business's way of calculating weapon's efficiency. More script will be written later.

- Items that are used or rewarded in quests are added to a table when the quest is parsed. When the item is displayed later, information about the quest are given. (think to source includes/sql/quests.sql to create the table).

Download :
http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.5.2.tar.gz

---- 0.5.2 ----
- Added the possibility to dump spells into a CSV file (txt file, with comma separated columns, can be imported directly into Excel).
- Added a comparator for 2H and dual weilded 1H weapons efficiency.
- Added a link to the zone in the quest page, and added info that specifies that the NPC will return extra items if the player gave him some.
- Fixed the quests for NPCs whose names begin with a sharp (#).
- Added a variable in config.php that permits to hide Invisible Men in bestiaries.
- Added a table that contains a list of items handed or rewarded in the quests (populated when people browse the quests).
- Added quest::ChooseRandom, plugin::try_tome_handins & quest::unique_spawn to quests methods.
- Added spawned NPCs to parsed quests.
- Fixed recognition for (($itemcount{..} && $itemcount{..})==1) syntax.
- Added the chances to have the items droped by NPCs in item's page. (see config.php)
- Added lore name to item's page.
- Added the possibility to search for items thru their focus/worn/proc/clicky effects & mana/hp regeneration & weapon delay.
- Added sort order by class or race in zone bestiaries.
- Added a maximum level for mob droped items in item's search page.
- Fixed Cazic Thule in the Antonica's zones list.
- Item prices are now in points instead of money for the LDON merchants.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:47 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Sweet! This has to be my favorite tool that's available! Keep up the awesome work.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Muuss
Dragon

Thanks Cave)

Time has come for the next release : 0.5.3.
Download URL : http://eqemu.vilvert.fr/eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.gz

version 0.5.3
- Added a detailled mob listing for zones, with spawn points, drops, and possibility to dump to CSV file or EQ map files.
- Fixed the url for NPCs snapshots (jpg files in /npcs directory, name is NPC's id).
- Added resist and resist adjustment to spells (ressource spells.sql and rerun import_spells.pl).
- Added support for quest::setnexthpevent, quest::set_zone_flag, quest::gmmove & quest::pause.
- Added support for entity_list->GetMobID(), npc->AddToHateList() & entity->CastToNPC() to quests.
- Fixed quests with no sub EVENT_ITEM {}.
- Added proc damage to the melee damage calculator.
- Added attack speed and average melee damage to NPCs (see config.php). Average melee damage reflects how much brut damages the mob does per round, if not accurate due to mitigation, tank level and avoidance, it permits to compare the mobs between em.
- Added "NPC by faction" in Bestiary's submenu.
- Added Primary faction and details about spells to npc's description.
- Removed the SQL update files for version 0.3 and under. Just source includes/sql/*sql files for a fresh install.
- Added details to items (stackable, fixed price...)
- Added the possibility to ignore certain zones (config.php).
- Added ground spawns support.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Muuss
Dragon

I've started to add a few npc pictures to the browser, based on PEQ database (mostly some dragons). Not many obviously.
If someone adds more of them, please post a /npcs directory archive. I can upload it to my own server to make it available for all, if needed.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:14 AM
busyallnightill6
Fire Beetle

The link isn't working for me. It downloads 'eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.tar' so when i extract it theres another .tar file inside it. So it wont extract the second .tar file in there. Am i doing something wrong?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyallnightill6
The link isn't working for me. It downloads 'eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.tar' so when i extract it theres another .tar file inside it. So it wont extract the second .tar file in there. Am i doing something wrong?
I downloaded it and it opened up just fine using WinRaR.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 PM
busyallnightill6
Fire Beetle

Looked up WinRaR and downloaded it. Worked perfectly, thank you
Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Dralanna
Sarnak

Obviously this thread is ancient.... but I just started playing around with this tool and wonder if anyone has it fully functional with the current version of the emu?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Anyone still have this? I'd like to host it to keep it alive in case someone wants to pick it up and work on it... please mail to gernblanATgmailDOTcom if you happen to have a copy of the last version.

Thanks!
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Ayala
Fire Beetle

Sent to you gernblan. Also from gmail so you should have it already most likely.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Got it! Thanks!

Ok hosted and here it will stay for a long time to come (unless someone updates it of course... if you DO, send it to me and I'll host your changes too!)

http://stash.buttwrenching.com/eqbrowser-0.5.3.tar.gz
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 03-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

I installed this neat tool this morning. Of course I encountered the register_variables quirk, that I fixed by putting the following in the config.php file as I did not want to change my system-wide php.ini :

import_request_variables("gp");

I also had to define the following in my config.php file otherwise I was getting errors :
$IgnoreZones=array();

Anyone else had this problem ?

Anyway, very neat tool. Chapeau Muuss, if you still read that ! And thank you gernblan for hosting it.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Bulle
Hill Giant

Default Improvements to EQBrowser

After discovering EQBrower I made quite a few improvements to it, which I would share with the community if there is interest.

From my understanding this tool is now "orphaned", and may be I could take charge of it for a bit. I tried to contact Muuss at the email mentioned in the README but got no reply. It would be nice to have this open-source.

In a nutshell here are the changes I did the last couple days. I probably broke other stuff doing it , but for the time being it suits my need. The most notable changes may be the icons (easy but useful) linking to the PEQ Editor. That way EQBrowser can be used for searching/browsing, and PEQ Editor for changes.

- (Bulle) code cosmetics change (privilege when working on an orphaned project).
- (Bulle) Indentation of the generated HTML code - first shot at XHTML compliance.
- (Bulle) Make the top part of the page (header) optional through a flag in config.php.
- (Bulle) Made "faction.php" and "factions.php" interoperate. If "faction.php" is passed an invalid faction it redirects to "factions.php". If "factions.php" finds one and only one faction it redirects to "faction.php" with the found faction.
- (Bulle) Made "faction.php" more Wiki-friendly : it accepts both an 'id' and 'name' parameter. If the 'id' parameter is non-empty it is used. Otherwise if the 'name' parameter is not empty it is used to query for the faction.
- (Bulle) Same remarks for "npc.php", "npcs.php", "item.php" and "items.php"
- (Bulle) Added icons in factions, NPCs and items to link to a PEQ Editor and Lucy when possible
- (Bulle) Diverted the place where NPC images are searched for. Now it links to a Mediawiki installation (which has to be installed) used to store the images. Allows for much easier image upload as no access to the server filesystem is needed
- (Bulle) Added two "generic" search fields in the menu bar, one for searching on the name, one on the ID. It looks for items, NPCs or factions
- (Bulle) Displayed the IDs of objects in many places, which makes life much easier for the world builder
Old 03-15-2008, 01:30 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulle View Post
The most notable changes may be the icons (easy but useful) linking to the PEQ Editor. That way EQBrowser can be used for searching/browsing, and PEQ Editor for changes.
I would so be interested in that once you get everything squared with Muuss!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:06 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Had a problem running 'perl import_spells.pl'

it would error out with 'cat' is not recognized as an internal or external command.... etc

after a little searching i found this:

cat -> perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cat

i replaced
@ids=`cat $spellfile`;
with
@ids=`perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cat $spellfile`;

and it ran fine. Hope it helps!