Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:10 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanatosNemos View Post
I'm in! But how do I add in those custom items i made over with EOC ? lol

thanks again guys!
If you have already created the items on EoC, you should be able to #giveitem ID

If no item shows, you need to run #hotfix, zone and then try again.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:33 PM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

having followed the directions in the guide, im apparently still unable to find bots?
Old 01-21-2016, 03:15 PM
Uleat
Developer

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main

steps 4.c.8 and 6.d

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Heh, that is where i am stuck.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:33 PM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

Thanks for the replies,

I've actually done both of those steps, and it hasnt worked? You're recommending I do them again?
Old 01-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Uleat
Developer

Running the bots db modification requires starting eqemu_update.pl manually and selecting option 4 (it can be done from world if there is a
standard database update that triggers the options menu.)

If you've already done this step, it should not need to be performed again.

For the 'enabling' of bots in the server code, you will need to re-run cmake, select the 'bots' checkbox, then configure and generate the new solution files.

Afterwards, you will have to compile the server code again so that the bot code can be integrated into a newly compiled binary (executable.)

If you have done this already, it does not have to be done again (at least until the server code is updated.)

The eqemu_update.pl script shouldn't allow access to option 4 unless there is a 'bots-enabled' binary in your server folder.

You're not confusing bots with mercs, are you?

They are not the same and are not accessed through vendors like mercs are.

Try typing this command in-game to see what is returned:
Code:
#bot help

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quick off topic question Uleat.

When you recompile the server, does it affect the server as a whole? Will not affect entire game quests etc etc?

And on topic.. If you compile bots, you need to compile the entire server again yes? Then simply build?

Ive read about ReleaseBoys but i have never found such a build in config manager.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Uleat
Developer

'BackStreetBoys' - maybe...

You have to take what you read in the forums with a grain of salt..there's a good chance that the way of doing things has changed since the posting.

The server code, database schema and entries, and quest files are (should be) update proof against each other.

Changes in server code should not affect quests or the current database .. unless a specific update requires changing either data entries or table schema. That's the
purpose of eqemu_update.pl - to keep the database up-to-date with changes occurring in the source code. (Quests are not versioned and automatic updates are not
applied in this case..though, an announcement or note is generally made.)

The database updates usually 'convert' old criteria to new when required and should see little intervention on the admins part to apply them.

On re-building everything, yes..pretty much.

Both 'world' and 'zone' must be rebuilt..and since there are a lot of project dependencies, most of the code will be rebuilt.

About the only thing that doesn't get touched by bots is the login server.

Specific to code changes affecting quests (etc...)

Behavior does change if a system is redesigned. Whether the perceived behavior is the same as the intended behavior (<cough>, discotheque)
is a different matter altogether.

A change in one system could affect an undesired in another..though, these 'bugs' are usually caught pretty quick and fixed.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-21-2016, 09:36 PM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

I've done those steps when i followed the guide, and #bot help shows commands, but when creating one it shows red error message saying peq.botdata doesnt exist!

also, anyone willing to point me towards the config files to make things like gear stayon after death (no need to reloot), turn and maybe disable expansions for progression era feel?
Old 01-21-2016, 09:40 PM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

my other question is, if i redo those steps - what happens to my current server characters etc?
Old 01-21-2016, 10:56 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanatosNemos View Post
I've done those steps when i followed the guide, and #bot help shows commands, but when creating one it shows red error message saying peq.botdata doesnt exist!

also, anyone willing to point me towards the config files to make things like gear stayon after death (no need to reloot), turn and maybe disable expansions for progression era feel?
1. peq.botdata - This is saying you dont have the table, botdata in your database. Check and see if it is there.

2. rule_value / rule_sets is the table you want, mainly values.

CharactereathItemLossLevel will be set to 10. Change to 100. (item loss)

As for expansions, im afraid google would be you best friend for that and alot easier. There are a few rules in that.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:42 PM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

I'm afraid I did not follow that character part.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:42 PM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

I see nothing about bot data in tables of db
Old 01-21-2016, 11:48 PM
Uleat
Developer

Table `botdata` is no longer used..it sounds like your using older code - possibly with a newer database.

I left the older 'load_bots.sql' in the deprecated folder in case anyone had a need for it: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../load_bots.sql

I can't say that using it will solve your issues..if used incorrectly, it will probably lead to loss of bot data when you update your code again.

IF ('IF') you want to try using the older script file with your server, you will need to:

1) Re-run eqemu_update.sql and disable bots (options 19?)

2) Manually run the script located in your local repo folder..same location as in that link.

3) Expect there to be 'issues' with those bots as the bot coding fell behind for over a year (the fixes were only applied to the new bots configuration process.)

There should be an auto-conversion process that takes place when you enable bots again (with option 4.)

A few people have had issues with the process..though, I can't figure out why based on the information they provided.

Until your code is updated to post-conversion code, you should not use option 4 or that will break bots with your server.

If you have any questions or doubts about anything in the above, do not attempt a reversion..just ask and we'll see where we need to go.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-22-2016, 12:13 AM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

I followed the guide=/ says it was the most up to date. Anyways, how do i go about converting everything to the latest in a simple manner and preferably not losing my saved stuff? Thanks for the help!