Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Meneldil
Fire Beetle

Talking

It is a problem with video drivers. I just tested this extensively today...I had to roll my NVidia drivers back to an older release to get it to work.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:51 AM
deekks
Fire Beetle

Hiyas. Im totally new here and just set up everything acording to the guide with fresh install of titanium. But everytime i started eq i would get the ''eqgame.exe has encountered an error'' message before i got to see any real screens. It was getting the error right at start as screen changes resolution. I have widescreen moniter so my resolution was on 1440x900 . on this resolution i would get the eqgame.exe error . When i bumped it down to 1280 x 1024 it works great
hope this helps some of u with the error
Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Goggin
Fire Beetle

When the DNS was down for Eqemulator.net, and I used the IP address 64.251.21.39 (from PEQ) it worked everytime. As soon as Eqemulator came back online, I had a lot of problems.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Quote:
When the DNS was down for Eqemulator.net, and I used the IP address 64.251.21.39 (from PEQ) it worked everytime. As soon as Eqemulator came back online, I had a lot of problems.
I second that.

Sonic

EDIT: Nevermind, switched to the IP again to double check and crash. Argh!

Last edited by sonicintuition; 06-13-2007 at 09:02 PM..
Old 06-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Try this;
Find your HOSTS file - in windows its in windos/system32/drivers/etc add this line;
Quote:
64.251.21.39 www.eqemulator.net eqemulator.net
This will give you a "shortcut" to the server. Only problem is, if they change IP address, you have to know and change too.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Editing a HOSTS file is always a bad idea (this is why god invented DNS), though it might provide a bandaid, it is not a solution. The real problem exists out of our control.

And you are right, if the IP changes, I can see 20 more threads about not finding the login server.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I always keep one (HOST file), you really need it for EqEmu; for some reason the DNS goes down a lot, but the IP always remains steady.
Internet really is based on IP and not "names" - names were created to simplify the ip numbers. But always is faster and more direct whan you use an IP address.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:41 PM
zilch0
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rup1033
The fix for this seems to be to right click eqgame's shortcut and go into the compatibility tab and select windows 98 compatibility mode.
This did the trick for me, thanks for the tip... simple, just the way I like em
Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Trance
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerewen View Post
check the support forums for EQ at: http://station.sony.com/

this is an issue with the EQ client, not the EQEmu server.

it is the EQEmu server not the actual game client it has to do with somthing on the server list your all experiancing what is known as the SSSE ( Server select screen error ) the reason some of you find fixes with your mouse that fix the game is because the loading of all the private servers.

When you move your mouse on the screen while its trying to load it will crash , if you leave your mouse not moving it will either work or make the server select screen show up blank with no servers.

Ive been having this problem for a very long time and untill the GMs of EQEmu figure out what is wrong with the server screen nothing you do will permanently fix it, and what is this minilogin ? your all talking about.

Sorry if i sound negative if you get to the server select though and it all seems well dont move your mouse till you see the expantions list start to move or it will crash.

I persoanly dont think the emu client can support this many servers online at a time so if any GM's read this post i suggest highly of taking the empty servers noone plays in offline to save us from this hell.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Just so you guys know, this thread itself started on August of 06.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Trance
Fire Beetle

so its been going for almost 1 year and still no fix ? gg
Old 06-26-2007, 02:03 AM
kingpoiuy
Fire Beetle

Default latency

Anyone else here having this problem using a possibly high latency connection? I am on a wireless broadband connection and it is common for it to have high latency. I have seen some people try to relate this problem with latency so I wanted to throw it out here and see what people said.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 PM
BrainiacVince
Fire Beetle

Wireless might be where your problem is. Make sure you have a good signal. You can easily drop down to nearly dial-up speeds if you are too far from the wireless point. You also might have a large amount of packet loss on wireless. Try it wired. If you still have the same problem, your ISP sucks.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:27 PM
gernblan
Discordant

It's definitely still a problem. It's hard to pin down because sometimes all is well for a week or more of daily multiple logins... then all of a sudden, blammo. A reboot seems to help, but not always. Changing driver versions doesn't seem to help much long term.

I suspect it has something to do with the LS simply freaking out and sending bad data to the client which crashes it on occasion. BUT, since we do not get to peruse the LS code (and for good reason), there's really no way to know.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Theone45127
Fire Beetle

I've found that this problem only occurs on new login accounts I make. For example, I have 2 accounts that were made years ago that NEVER have this problem whereas a new account encounters this problem daily. Also, if I try to login to one of my older accounts while having this problem on a newer account, I get no error. Hope this helps.