Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:23 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Default #makepet issues

Using Linux FC4 compiled source EQEmu-070-934...

Some problems I am finding with making pets;

1) #makepet [type] [name] - the Name doesn't actually work. No matter what you type, you get the standard random generated pet name.
-- #makepet Animation1 Timmy
-- Makes an invisible man named Kebtik

2) /pet get lost - varying results. If the pet can be controlled, /pet get lost works fine. If it's an enchanter pet, and the only option is "go away", you have to #kill your pet to make him go away.
-- #makepet Animation1 Timmy
-- Makes an invisible man named Kebtik
-- /pet get lost - no effect
-- click the Go Away button on the interface, no effect
-- Target and #kill, pet crushes himself to death and goes away

3) Wizard Familiars - far as I recall, they should have no command ability (like attack...). The buttons are available in the UI, but they seem to have no effect, so I am not sure what's wrong here. Seems the client thinks this is a manageable pet, when the server doesn't agree.
-- #makepet Familiar1
-- Makes a floating imp named character's familiar
-- the Pet UI shows all possible commands, and none of them work (not even Go Away)
-- Wizard familiars offer Full Commands (that don't work) and the bug that /pet get lost fails so you have to #kill your pet

4) When you #kill a pet which is not trivial (green), you seem to gain xp. I think this is very bad.
-- #makepet FamiliarGreaterFire (level 70 pet)
-- Target and #kill
-- Note the XP gain message - I checked and I am definitely getting an XP bump each time
-- Seems to work on other pet classes too
-- If the pet can be commanded to "Get Lost", there is no xp gain, only if you use #kill, #damage, or any other command to end the life of the pet

5) Once you #makepet Familiar___, you cannot make another one until you zone. You can make other pets, just not the Familiar.
-- #makepet Familiar1
-- Target and #kill
-- #makepet Familiar1 - no pet. But you can make any other type of pet.
-- Zone, and you can once again make the Familiar

6) Taunt button seems to only toggle pet to start taunting, not stop taunting (unless I haven't waited long enough).

7) Cleric Hammer pet appears as a tiny skeleton (how ironic)
-- #makepet cleric_hammer_67_
-- See tiny skelly (I am sure this is all about body type for this NPC, but that's a database change).

That's it for now. The reason I am focusing here is my attempt to offer the soloist a "pet" or companion to travel with to make their journey a little easier. So I've been playing with various pets lately, and having some difficulty. None of this is show-stoppingly important, but if anyone is wandering through Pet code, please have a look.

Thanks!
J