Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

I don't understand why you would ever want to load the entire table into memory in the first place, it kind of defeats the purpose of a database in all but the most extreme of cases.

Between SQLDev and joligario all of the required info has already been posted, I just put it into a form here.

http://216.49.224.132/eq/playerprune.tar.gz

This lets you go by player level, total time played, last login time, and total platinum.

If you're hell bent on using some .net tool, maybe GeorgeS can adapt the queries in here to his GUI.
Consider it MIT or BSD licensed.

You'll need to populate db info in db.inc.php and then uncomment the actual query in dodelete.php.

Last edited by Tabasco; 09-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Fixed a bad comparison for platinum
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Actually the tool works, but I forgot a very important issue of handling large character tables. I never would have imaged 1GB for a character table, so the tool would take a long time to load in the query.

Now there is a way to do this (and I will rewrite it this way) - I will only load in results of a query (as suggested before [total time played, last login time etc..]) and not the entire table.

This should expedite the process, although not entirely what I had imagined due to the afformentioned large tables. Let me give this a go, and you can try this tool once it's ready for beta release.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Can't wait for the new tool. Thanks for trying to work on this =)
Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Hateborne
Hill Giant

Default Minor VB Tool

I built a minor tool to possibly address this. I tested it as hard as I could with only three characters over two days. If I had some generics to play with, I could produce more. I simply do not have the time/willpower to make new characters every day or so to test this (or manipulate my system time to keep making characters).

It worked fine for me, but I do not have thousands of characters to sort through.

Simply go to the 'BackgroundData.vb' and fill in the username, password, database name, etc. Once you do that, compile it, run it, win.

This was built specifically with EZ Server in mind. As such, the tables hit are: timers, faction_values, aa_timers, player_corpses, player_corpses_backup, character_backup, inventory, and character_.

http://www.filedropper.com/deleteoldcharacters ("Download This File", not the other three "Download" buttons...)

This could probably be done through a PHP script as well, I just have not bothered (as I don't run a server and this is sufficient). If you are running a Linux server, I will create a PHP version. Just blow up the private message box or hateborne@gmail.com.

-Hate
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Hateborne
Hill Giant

New link:
http://hateborne.dyndns.org/eqemu/to...Characters.rar

-Hate