Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 12-09-2011, 11:48 PM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

you found my optimous prime didnt you :p lol he works if you give him an npc and rename it to that npc's name

ressurection is the one thing live EQ lacked :p once you hit 65 or whatever top lvl is now thats it no more gain :p now it goes on even more

curious how easy was it for you to setup and use? did you move it to another dir than the default?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:53 PM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

as for the bots yeah there not my stuff it all came from the emu guys its there awesome work i just made it simple lol ....

The mysql shouldnt have needed uninstall it was a standalone you start it up and shut it down with the shortcuts nothing installs at all

its all build in you run it and stop it
Only thing i guess i may not have said was any currently running sql / apache may stop it from working cause i think you can only have 1 of each with default setups at once so no uninstall needed just run stop bat file
Old 12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiphreak79 View Post
you found my optimous prime didnt you :p lol he works if you give him an npc and rename it to that npc's name
Hehe, yep. That's the one I saw. That was a great idea. I love the roleplaying/story aspect of EQ, so that quest really opens up interesting possibilities of being "reborn".

As far as SQL, it must have been an unusual bug I came across. I've tried the repack on my desktop computer, and I also messed around with it in VMware. Both times I didn't have SQL in installed programs. It was just the one time on my laptop.

I had an issue where Port 3306 was being used, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. When I uninstalled SQL, I was able to get the repack going again with the launcher you have.

Have you tested out the /log and screenshot functions? It's not saving any logs that I create, nor is it saving screenshots.

Also, how can I update the repack? Where would you go to SQL in the updates? Would it be HeidiSQL?

Oh, about installing:

It was a cynch! Very easy. I copied it over to my C: drive, ran the launcher, and all was good. It took longer to copy the maps over, lol. All the computers I tried it on were done on C:. I haven't tried it in any other directory yet, but I can putz around with it in VMware and see how it is.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

i just moved mine to another box just had to alter a few bats to new dir i posted them in read me thenhad to fix all the shortcuts i use and for georges tools re run the ocx registers and was good
heidi sql is what i have been using to edit the sql as for upgrading im still having issues getting the 2087 up . i don thtink it likes the sql im using that repack uses sql 5.5 and perl 5.10.. i wouldnt update the sql to far cause some of the new sql they released requires the new world and zone .exe's to work with them...
Old 01-02-2012, 05:29 AM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

New Magnet link for torrent
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:021F89236BF6412818998701FF93645C02617864&dn=eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80/announce

Last edited by pepsiphreak79; 01-02-2012 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: codr quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

How's it coming with the latest release? I'd like to try the latest with the fixes done to the bots.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:52 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQstarr View Post
Is this the latest version of the bots? These bots are not very helpful. They don't hold taunt and they heal the mobs while attacking them.
Where in the world did you get this information from ?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Where in the world did you get this information from ?
From playing the game. The bots spawn with blue armor, a lightsource (which brightens the area each time you add another bot), don't hold taunt, and heal the mobs you are attacking. I think this version of the compilation is before the bot fixes went into place. I tried to SQL in the updates, but I still get the same result. Not sure if the update took or not. That's why I'm hoping Pepsi is able to update his compilation to the latest and release a new version. Other than the bots, the game works great. Super easy to get up and running.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I can tell you for a fact, if your compile is right and your database is complete, bots are near damn perfect.

The only thing I have seen is a bug with corpse summoning and either me or BadCaptain will get to it, I may get time this weekend.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I can tell you for a fact, if your compile is right and your database is complete, bots are near damn perfect.
Well, this thread is about a compile and package that Pepsishreak put together that makes it easier for people to get EQEMU up and running. This is what I've been testing out.

I am still trying to get my own compile to work.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Thanks for posting your repack. I have been trying to compile my own but since ActivePerl 5.10 is no longer legally avaialable and I have no way to get it, I am stuck with the current version of activeperl 5.14 which does not work right now when compiling (at least for me).

I got the server up and running after I stopped my running version of mysql service. It looks like the repack is set up for offline play. If you do another repack, can you include a folder for public setup with the files needed to replace the ones for offline and maybe a readme to explain how and what needs to be changed to make it public. Thank you again!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

this pack is amazing super newbie friendly for someone who barely understands how this all works. i even clicked my hardware disable button on my wireless adapter while playing and it kept right on going. i can run my own server by myself, log in, log out, and super easy to set up.

question though - since this database is slightly older, is there also a simple way to update it with the latest PEQ versions? or does that require all the difficult steps in the various faqs i've read?

if it can't be updated easily can you confirm whether this version still has the incorrect quest database included? and what does that mean? im able to accept quests so it seems fine.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Is there a way to take this repack update the database? PEQ is up to version 2100. I believe I was able to update the emu by just dropping the updated files into the folder, but the database seems tougher.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
sorvani
Dragon

You can compare your DB with the PEQ DB and then generate an update script to update your DB. There are tools that can do this for you out on the net. of course anything you have customized would have to be redone.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
provocating
Demi-God

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13048