Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Oxalic
Sarnak

Default A good customized server?

I'm looking around these boards, i see tons of posts about how someone's server is custom, custom zones, skills, items, npcs, quest. The whole deal. Then i attempt to play the server, i first try a website link, it's to a free site that has been shut down, or a forum lacking inactivity with a post saying "not enough time for the project, come back in a couple of years".

My question, is there a single, working, completed custom server that is playable to the public? If so could i get a link to information about the server?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Eredhel
Fire Beetle

Winters Roar, www.wintersroar.com, and Scorpius2k are what you want. WR just hit 300+ players.

Eredhel

Last edited by Eredhel; 06-04-2005 at 06:42 AM..
Old 06-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Scorpious2k
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:44 AM
Wolfgame
Fire Beetle

Yea, any of those servers would be good, of course im kind of biased I suppose. Im working on the Dark Blades server and were makeing alot of progress there, id recommend you give it a try sometime.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:18 AM
Oscar
Fire Beetle

Winters Roar just hit 350 and now has two servers to support it. They had 250 logged on and the Admin stated only 10% of the total power was being utilized.

The server is a completely legit server with only the zones themselves being the same. All items, creatuers, quests, etc have been changed. Also, no PoP travel, more like the old days. There are a few translocators for those very long runs.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Oxalic
Sarnak

No PvP on either one QQ T_T :'(
Old 06-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Theres also a little known server thats been around awhile an is pretty stable and constantly adding new content in the form of hand made zones and custom mobs to go in them www.fatesdestiny.com .

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-19-2005, 12:36 AM
lightleaf
Fire Beetle

I played on Dark Blades.... don't play there...

when you login you spawn where KOS skeletons kill you.. you run out of the GY and even bigger skeletons kill you
Old 06-19-2005, 08:02 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
Theres also a little known server thats been around awhile an is pretty stable and constantly adding new content in the form of hand made zones and custom mobs to go in them www.fatesdestiny.com .
I have been following your progress and frustrations! LOL!
And let me say that when I am ready to try another server other than PEQ
fatesdestiny is next on my list..

Im still very new to this game and emu so it may be a few months yet. LOL
Even on Live I have only been to 5% of the zones..
Old 06-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Richardo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightleaf
I played on Dark Blades.... don't play there...

when you login you spawn where KOS skeletons kill you.. you run out of the GY and even bigger skeletons kill you
I agree, I played on it because I had heard that the owner of the server said their server is better than Dark Horizons, I logged in.. and It was absolutely the worse server I have ever seen...
Old 06-24-2005, 01:27 AM
Reahlador
Fire Beetle

Well, ill put it this way. Winters Roar may have taken alot of work, but there are huge holes in gameplay. There is little to do but grind exp at lvls 20 - 40.. which is very time consumeing. Also, it is more more legit than Live is, the items there make is nearly impossible to solo anything much higher than you are at mid range levels. Scorpious2k is a good server for those that are into soloing, but not alot of content for anyone lvl 130. They are putting in new things, raiseing the difficulty of some of the bigger mobs, and nerfing some classes to make the game more of a challenge.. which in turn will make the high end content a little more entertaining. I think Fatesdestiny is by far the best semi-legit server i have played on, though there are a TON of bugs. Once this problem is taken care of i suggest you all atleast try playing there until lvl 20 =)

newayz, thats just my 2 cents
Old 06-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Oscar
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reahlador
Well, ill put it this way. Winters Roar may have taken alot of work, but there are huge holes in gameplay. There is little to do but grind exp at lvls 20 - 40.. which is very time consumeing. Also, it is more more legit than Live is, the items there make is nearly impossible to solo anything much higher than you are at mid range levels. nts

There are tons of quests availiable in the range you listed...TONS.

Not being able to solo mobs that are much higher than you is a great thing for many of us. Take my ranger for instance, I love the fact that he still has a few pieces of chain mail at level 33. I could upgrade his gear if I quested but I choose to group instead. I can get a toon from 1-50 on live in about 12 hours (yes PL)depending on the class, here you earn everything.

Last edited by Oscar; 06-24-2005 at 03:26 PM..
Old 06-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Reahlador
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar
There are tons of quests availiable in the range you listed...TONS.

I can get a toon from 1-50 on live in about 12 hours (yes PL) depending on the class, here you earn everything.

Ok, there may be quests.. but think about it, what lvl 20 is gonna go do a quest that takes a ton of time (due to haveing to run everywhere because of no pop) when they could be a lvl or 2 higher by the time they are done

Also, on live... lvl 50 isnt squat anymore, if your below lvl 65 you might as well be dirt. You earn everything on live too, i dont see everyone walking around any server with epic 1.5 let alone 2.0... Also, live is much more difficlut than the common player gives credit.. u try raiding anguish / tacvi and tell me that you didnt earn your win

Last edited by Reahlador; 06-25-2005 at 12:50 AM..
Old 06-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Oscar
Fire Beetle

20-30 can be done in Yaralith in about 2-3 days, and that is slow going. I went from 20-25 with my bard last night in about 4 hours. If you can't find a group, start one, it's not hard.

As far as 31-40, you can grab a group in any number of places. Did you play when the population was low? Heck there are 300-350 people on as a constant now.

My comparison to live was targeted at how easy it is to get from 1-50, and this server is even easier, not where level 50 stands in regards to live.

As far as me raiding Anguish/Tacv, no offense but that was a joke compared to farming keys for sseru, and yes I did both. After 70 levels and 488 AA I go on live now just to chat and buff people (druid).

I would however give anything if they would start a few new servers with just the initial release of eq with all the nifty upgrades they have made (group stuff, buff timers, etc.)
Old 06-25-2005, 05:08 AM
Traul
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reahlador
Ok, there may be quests.. but think about it, what lvl 20 is gonna go do a quest that takes a ton of time (due to haveing to run everywhere because of no pop) when they could be a lvl or 2 higher by the time they are done
I think the line bolded is proof enough that Winter's Roar is not meant for Reahlador. One of WR's goals was to bring back the "old-school" feeling of Everquest. It's not meant to be something you zoom through. Still though, I got to lvl 62 in a matter of a couple months, so it's not all that hard.