Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Sorce
Fire Beetle

Default Tutorial Zone Issues (Player)

Ok, short of completely reinstalling Titanium, I have searched these forums, Jest3 server forums, Scorp2k forums, and even did a search on Yahoo. I also posted this on the General boards, but realized it may be in the wrong place.

Apparently, I can access every zone except the Tutorial. (Gloomingdeep Mines to be specific) Everytime my char tried to zone in, or log in as a starting point for some servers, I fall through the world and die. I'm sure there is some easy fix I am over looking, but if someone could lend me a hand, I certainly would appreciate it.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:29 PM
trevius
Developer

Try changing the zone in point in the Zones table. Sounds like it is sending you to a bad location.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorce
Fire Beetle

Thanks Trevius, but unfortunately I am not up to speed on much when it comes to modifying most files. Would you mind telling me where the "zones table" is, and how do I know what to change it to? I did a search on these forums for anything relating to Zones Table and haven't found anything as of yet.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Sorce
Fire Beetle

I found the following on Jest3 website, in regards to the starting zone. Is this something that I can change in my own files to enable to me login correctly? If so, where do I go about doing that?

UPDATE start_zones SET x = -158, y = -93, z = 18.3, zone_id = 189, bind_id = 189, start_zone = 189;

Thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 07:34 PM
mattmeck

thats an SQL statement you run.

Same way you sourced the DB.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
trevius
Developer

Are you trying to run your own server or just play on someone else server?

If you are trying to run your own, you can download Navicat Lite and install it and set it up (instructions in the wiki). Then you can easily find your Zones table and edit the "Safe_x", "Safe_y", "Safe_z" columns for the zone.

If you are just trying to play on someone else's server and using #zone to get there, then the only way to fix it is to report it to them and see if they will make the changes for you.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Sorce
Fire Beetle

I am just trying to play on Jest3. There are a few I have been on that use Gloomingdeep, and everytime I zone in, I fall to my death, and it just keeps cycling over and over. I have posted a few times on Jest3 boards, and will wait until one of them can help me. I didn't use any #zone commands, haven't used that since I played on Scorp's server years back. I haven't been able to do anything on Jes but fall. =)

Since this was a problem for every server I have been on, I was assuming it is a problem on my end. However, I will wait it out and see what they may be able to do for me.

I appreciate all of the help.