Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 12-20-2008, 02:02 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Default Optional SQL files for new builds?

Where are they located? There wasn't one with R222
Old 12-20-2008, 03:37 PM
KLS
Administrator

trunk\utils\sql\svn
Old 12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

oh its on the site itself. ok i found it - but that one says its for revision 243 which hasn't been released yet, right?
Old 12-20-2008, 03:51 PM
KLS
Administrator

Yeah we gotta update binaries, it's been like 20 revisions now without new ones.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:53 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

i would sugest placing sql files into revision zips themselves so versions do not become mistmatched
Old 12-24-2008, 05:43 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

I see you guys posted R245 - thats is great! But I need make sure that I am geting CORRECT and ALL option SQL files with it.

at:

http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/s...utils/sql/svn/

it stil says 243 at the top- is that OK?

also do I have to run ALL of these sql files to get optional things?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

I am unable to find this one:

Required SQL is in utils/sql/09252008.sql
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

also how do I 'READ' these: (what do they mean???)

insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute', 'true');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute', '18.0');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:ProcPerMinDexContrib', '0.075');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:BaseProcChance', '0.035');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:ProcDexDivideBy', '11000');
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

more rules questions:

what do these mean AND how to READ them:

Combat:HitPerLevelDiff

Combat:AgiHitFactor

Spells:BaseCritRatio

How does:
World:AddMaxClientsPerIP
differ from:
World:AccountSessionLimit
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
more rules questions:

what do these mean AND how to READ them:

Combat:HitPerLevelDiff
I am not sure what you are asking about how to read them.
I believe that HitPerLevelDiff adjusts the hit chance modifier for level difference. So, if you wanted to make it so players couldn't fight anything that is higher than them, you could set this high, or if you wanted to make it easier to hit higher level mobs than you are, you set it low.

Quote:
Combat:AgiHitFactor
I think this adjusts how much agility factors into hitchance for avoiding damage.

Quote:
Spells:BaseCritRatio
This should be the base crit chance for spells. I think this effects both players and NPCs.

Quote:
How does:
World:AddMaxClientsPerIP
differ from:
World:AccountSessionLimit
AddMaxClientsPerIP - This one lets you set additional max client IP limiting for accounts with a status that is >= what you set the AddMaxClientsStatus to. So, if your normal MaxClientsPerIP is set to 1, then all normal accounts will just be able to use 1 character at a time per IP (household), but then if you set the account to a status of 2 and AddMaxClientsStatus is set to 2 (or less), and AddMaxClientsPerIP is set to 3, those accounts would be able to log in 3 per IP.

The AccountSessionLimit is something similar, but not related to IP. All that does is ensure that you only have 1 character logged in per account at a time. Since by default, the emu would let you log in as many characters on the same account as you want all at the same time. This causes multiple issues for the player and the server, so the AccountSessionLimit stops those problems from being possible. Basically, it works like Live, in that you can only have 1 character per account logged in at a single time.

I know those last 2 answers are a bit complex, but once you understand them, they can be helpful in configuring your server to how you want it.

Quote:
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute', 'true');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute', '18.0');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:ProcPerMinDexContrib', '0.075');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:BaseProcChance', '0.035');
insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:ProcDexDivideBy', '11000');
AvgProcsPerMinute - This lets you adjust the average procs per minute before other modifiers I believe. Not too sure on this one though.
ProcPerMinDexContrib - I think this adjusts how much of a factor DEX is into calculating the average procs per minute.
BaseProcChance - This is the base chance to proc before any modifiers are added in. This should be adjusted in small increments because bonuses can make it cause extremely high proc rates if this is set too high.
ProcDexDivideBy - This directly effects how much Dex is factored into proc rate calculation. This is essentially a bonus that is added to the base chance before other modifiers are calculated.

Last edited by trevius; 02-11-2009 at 04:21 AM..
Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Thanks for reply Trev!
When I said "how to read them" what I mean- how do values corespand to in game effect? I very much like to know excat formulas.

for exmaple: 'Combat:BaseProcChance', '0.035' - I take a wild guess and I assume its 3.5% chance on a swing.
but I need more clear examples on all other rules - it woudl REALY help if people how code in rules make a Wiki page and explain all this in DETAILS.

I understand what they should modify, but wihout knowing the formulas it makes it very hard to adjust

For exmaple 'Combat:ProcDexDivideBy', '11000' - 11000 doesn't tell me anything - whats 11k? does this means per each 11k points of DEX I get +1% to proc chance? or does it 11k% per 1 dex? Total mystery

AvgProcsPerMinute', '18.0' - does this set max or min procs per min? (personaly whole idea about average procs for all weapon types is ridiculus imho) - does this means even if weapon has ULTRA LOW chance to proc is will still proc 18 times no matter what? But i gues it means max times weapon can proc given ultra high proc chance (so smart setting woudl be seting this to 9999999 to be fair to weapon balance - whats the point of having high proc weapon if not gona proc )

ProcPerMinDexContrib', '0.075' - again formulas? how much dex converts into procs? what does 0.075 means?? how do i READ this number?

Combat:AgiHitFactor - same thing - how much agi? what numeric effect?

and same thing goes for prety much evyrthing else in the list
I realise what they should do - but I realy hate to tune them by blindly adjusting numbers back and forth trying to GUESS what the formulas are.

So dear devs- how about a Rules wiki? with in details examples?
Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
trevius
Developer

If you want to know the formulas, the easiest way is to read the source code. Most of these formulas aren't overly challenging to understand, but you have to consider that some of them have so many variables to their calculations that it would be extremely hard to put easy to read formulas for them all.

My best advise would be to either leave them as they are or tune them by adjusting in small increments and testing.

Yes, 0.035 on the base proc chance means 3.5% chance, but there are alot of other factors that go into it that you would need to consider before making any major changes to that. Even at 3.5%, with some really good modifiers, you can reach nearly 20% or so, which with duel wield and double attack could mean procing nearly every round. It all depends on the gear and other settings on your server.

To find the formulas in the source code, just open up a windows explorer window, right click on your EQEmu source directory and select "search". Then, in the "Containing Text" box, past the name of the rule (i.e. "BaseProcChance") and click search. Then, open any files it finds other than ruletypes.h and do a "Find" on the rule name in that file. Then just look at the code around it. Sometimes the formula will be right there, but in most cases, they can be pretty confusing to grasp at first. I don't know of any better way to understand exactly what they mean though.