Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Default Database's Wanted

Hello, if you have a database of a server that you no longer run anymore, or simply feel like giving to the comunity, please email them to me, for i am going to open a public ftp site for the community with all of them. I have quiete a few so far, like a working guildwars database and a few others. Please email me at aonelyn@gmail.com thank you.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Creen
Fire Beetle

Default This is what we all need never-mind want

Helo all, i am Creen , i understand all mysql, php, Perl, linux/unix, TCP-IP networks, i have my own ver 7 eqemu version using PEQ DB up and running with lan/vpn and external ip's loggin in with no problem using the current wiki as for snippets of useful information but was frustrating in the process because of the state of the wiki as it is now.

My concern is why we arent producing as a collective a Database that encompasses all features and working tables?

I am currently hacking PEQ + Cavemans DB to recreate a suitable working DB as it seems when i look at them both they are in a competative race to succeed in what we all want, both DB has the goods but is divided.

To me i see the wiki as a jumbled information centre where you spend time looking for answers/fixes that are spread out in every direction, i read cole's topic and every poster has there argument in a nutshell, everyone is correct in a sense, it's just how you perceive there argument.

What i am after is a Database that i can simply parse into mysql and see what is much needed to be fixed from there, simply put.. PEQ DB dosent have PoK populated with doors, mobs or anything while Cavemans has, so far i got POK populated with roaming npc's, Banker, and Traders all working using Cavemans DB inserted into PEQ's DB, this in itself is nonsense, why should i have to hack an slash code for either of them to work from each other?? imo there should be a single working Database with all features an code working together on the wiki.

To read that Squeaker DB is up for sale is a complete joke! of course it is ffs, i dont care what work was implemented to complete that database, all i care is that i know from playing on that DB, that is what i want on my own mysql and from there i can fix/patch/implement what is much needed and resend out to all that needs, selling a DB???, sounds like SOE to me,.. thought this was open source?

this isnt an attack on the good work that the main players have been doing but i sense a kind of snobbery/ego in these forums that all the rest are mass and hence they aren't cared for, get with the program and become one and not divided.

Last edited by Creen; 05-03-2006 at 10:02 PM..
Old 05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Cripp
Discordant

I have an old database of a mini custom server that ill fix up and give to ya. ( the old fasion Nug Blazers )
its a good start for a chill custom server.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 05-03-2006, 06:58 PM
wize_one
Dragon

Creen,

before you go spewing things you should get your info straight.

PEQ is working expansion by expansion for DB releases, they are populated tuned and made as close to live as possible.

aprox a year and a half ago we tried putting everything together in one db.. it was so much of a clusterf&ck that we dumped that and started from scratch.

i'm not sure where cavedude gets his info from, so i dont know how close to live it is(loot factions etc etc). i think its nice of him to release what he has.

databases have not been an offical part of EQEmu. Tcsmyworld(PEQ the early years) and a few others started a public database, and it has been going strong for a while. before you jump on people you should consider yourself lucky that these projects-people put their work out for the masses.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Squeaker's DB ? are you sure ? is'nt scorpious2K's DB ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:07 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default db

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfedia
Squeaker's DB ? are you sure ? is'nt scorpious2K's DB ?
Some people have a lot to learn about the eqemu community.
Biting off the hand that feeds you is not a good Idea.
if you are releaseing the s2k database to the public.
I suggset you not do this as I still run a working 0.6.0 version of it.
Like I was told
"quote"
as if everything I do around here isnt enough, I somehow owe your negative ass tech support too? now, you wouldent know that because I didnt hold your hand to find it...

Dont complain about free shit, fix it yourself or shut the fuck up..

www.cheaterz.info

Last edited by sdabbs65; 05-04-2006 at 08:31 AM..
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 AM
mattmeck

Scorp isnt selling just a custom DB, it is custom code, custom classes, custom zones that took him years to code by himself.

On top of all the custom stuff he coded he also offers support for it, he isnt selling other peoples work, he is selling his time and personal $ he invested over years.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:23 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creen

I am currently hacking PEQ + Cavemans DB to recreate a suitable working DB as it seems when i look at them both they are in a competative race to succeed in what we all want, both DB has the goods but is divided.

To me i see the wiki as a jumbled information centre where you spend time looking for answers/fixes that are spread out in every direction, i read cole's topic and every poster has there argument in a nutshell, everyone is correct in a sense, it's just how you perceive there argument.

What i am after is a Database that i can simply parse into mysql and see what is much needed to be fixed from there, simply put.. PEQ DB dosent have PoK populated with doors, mobs or anything while Cavemans has, so far i got POK populated with roaming npc's, Banker, and Traders all working using Cavemans DB inserted into PEQ's DB, this in itself is nonsense, why should i have to hack an slash code for either of them to work from each other?? imo there should be a single working Database with all features an code working together on the wiki.

I'm not competing nor racing with anybody. I am just doing what I can to help the community. That is why I release my database and also created the installer. In all honesty, I am honored by the fact that my database is even spoken in the same sentence as PEQ's. PEQ is far more accurate than my own, imho. I do use live logs but that isn't an exact science. Many folks I have found are more interested in having the zones popped and can forgive the errors so I offer them a choice. That's it.

Having one unified database would be best for the community in the long run, I admit. PEQ's plan is to do everything slowly to make sure the database is as perfect as it can get. But what about the people who want to play on GoD zones? I have most of them popped, so I release them. A merge is unlikely partially due to the different styles of the database, but mainly due to the fact that I lack the ability to work in groups properly. I also don't have the time to properly merge the two the correct way. I do this in my free time and am not payed for it... hell emu has actually cost me money for bandwidth, hosting, and activating live accounts for packet collection. If anybody wants to merge the two, go ahead. I have no problem with it and I am certain PEQ won't either.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:41 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65
Some people have a lot to learn about the eqemu community.
Biting off the hand that feeds you is not a good Idea.
if you are releaseing the s2k database to the public.
I suggset you not do this as I still run a working 0.6.0 version of it.
Like I was told
"quote"
as if everything I do around here isnt enough, I somehow owe your negative ass tech support too? now, you wouldent know that because I didnt hold your hand to find it...

Dont complain about free shit, fix it yourself or shut the fuck up..
Sdabbs, do you have no decency to actually read the posts you are replying to? Aonelyn isn't looking to get other people's work just so people won't have to fix shit themselves he's trying to help out the community by releasing databases that may help some new players get going. That's a ridiculous thing to get yourself so worked up about. It's like, OMG SOMEONE WILL RELEASE THE DATABASE FOR SQUEAKERS OOOOOOMMMMGGGG WHAT WILL I DO.

In my opinion, you need to shut the fuck up sir.

Good day.

Aside from that bull shit, I want to thank Aonelyn for trying to help the community. I think this FTP idea is a great idea. *thumbs up*
Old 05-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnutz
It's like, OMG SOMEONE WILL RELEASE THE DATABASE FOR SQUEAKERS OOOOOOMMMMGGGG WHAT WILL I DO.
Well, theoretically, if someone did, depending on the terms Scorp is selling his source and such on, that would be warez. :S
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
therealjjj77
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude
I'm not competing nor racing with anybody. I am just doing what I can to help the community. That is why I release my database and also created the installer. In all honesty, I am honored by the fact that my database is even spoken in the same sentence as PEQ's. PEQ is far more accurate than my own, imho. I do use live logs but that isn't an exact science. Many folks I have found are more interested in having the zones popped and can forgive the errors so I offer them a choice. That's it.

Having one unified database would be best for the community in the long run, I admit. PEQ's plan is to do everything slowly to make sure the database is as perfect as it can get. But what about the people who want to play on GoD zones? I have most of them popped, so I release them. A merge is unlikely partially due to the different styles of the database, but mainly due to the fact that I lack the ability to work in groups properly. I also don't have the time to properly merge the two the correct way. I do this in my free time and am not payed for it... hell emu has actually cost me money for bandwidth, hosting, and activating live accounts for packet collection. If anybody wants to merge the two, go ahead. I have no problem with it and I am certain PEQ won't either.
Awesome patcher I must say, Cavedude. Definitely appreciated by all of the community. I have a question off this topic for you. Your database, what differences does that have with PEQs? I went to PoP zones and couldn't find any mobs. It could be that I'm just doing it wrong. Also, does your database include any quests or is it just purely spawned zones? Thanks again.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

yeah, i wouldnt release the s2k database even if it was givin to me, scorp is trying to make a prophit off of his and his families, and mattmecks hard work. Cripp, thanks that would be nice =) . Annihilation didnt you release some database's awhile back? will you send them to me? Some people just want to start out custom, and some people like starting off like live. I am just trying to open up some possibilities that is all.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Aonelyn: I have a few I could give you to host on your FTP, including Ruling Norrath [Non-Legit] and Empire II. If you want, I can also send you the Empire II source for good measures. I've got some more bottled up somewhere I think, but we'll see.

Cisyouc: I'm just sick of Sdabbs going to every post and attempting to bash. It's ridiculous imo and I wasn't even really thinking about the squeaker database as far as warez goes. I could understand if that database shouldn't be released but why do we have to have Sdabbs coming in to this post and just completely bashing out the idea of giving people a little headstart on a new server.

Last edited by Doughnutz; 05-04-2006 at 06:18 PM..
Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjjj77
Also, does your database include any quests or is it just purely spawned zones? Thanks again.
For Cavedude's database I believe he is using the PEQ Quest pack which are written for their DB and since the IDs for various NPCs and such to not match up between these two DB's the quest are broken when used with Cavedude's DB.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnutz
Sdabbs, do you have no decency to actually read the posts you are replying to? Aonelyn isn't looking to get other people's work just so people won't have to fix shit themselves he's trying to help out the community by releasing databases that may help some new players get going. That's a ridiculous thing to get yourself so worked up about. It's like, OMG SOMEONE WILL RELEASE THE DATABASE FOR SQUEAKERS OOOOOOMMMMGGGG WHAT WILL I DO.

In my opinion, you need to shut the fuck up sir.

Good day.

Aside from that bull shit, I want to pork Aonelyn for trying to help the community. I think this FTP idea is a great idea. *thumbs up*
Yeah abuse the fourms .. nobody cares
...bash away....
nobody cares that you stab me in that back yet another time..

Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.

www.cheaterz.info