Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-23-2002, 06:12 AM
theCoder
Sarnak

It's too bad you weren't able to get this working. I really don't know what could be the problem (insert "it works on my machine" unhelpful statement here). The only thing I can think of is that the memory is being corrupted somehow, but I don't know how. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it probably has a simple answer (like "what do you mean gets() can cause buffer overflows" or something like that).

But there are more important things in life besides Everquest (which is partly why I quit so long ago), so I completely understand you wanting to wait for a later version.

btw, if you ever do get it working, see my latest post in the NAT patch thread where I talk about using DNS instead of the NAT patch to work around the NAT problem. I think it would be helpful in your situation (if you ever get the emu working)
Old 04-23-2002, 10:56 AM
cduckman
Fire Beetle

Default Thanks

Thanks Coder =) I haven't played with it much since I last posted that message. When I get the desire to go solo the sleeper with a level 60 wizard who has C3, heal, tashan and FS effect items, I'll take another look into it.

You folks take it easy, I'll let you know if anything else comes up.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:47 PM
cduckman
Fire Beetle

Default WOOHOO!

Well, I'm sitting here in Erudin playing on my brand new Erudite Wizard on my server, the Tower of Dalbane.

How? I should have done this the moment we figured out the exact problem. I just hardcoded getnamebyhost("localhost") and away it went, no problems.

Oh, and BTW everyone, I'm running a Linksys 4 port router with the latest (as of 2 months ago anyway) firmware. The server is running on a linux box under the linksys router, and all the IP settings for the EQEmu server are set to my external IP (the IP of my router on the outside world). The router has all the right ports forwarded, and it's handling things from the outside like a charm.

I have yet to test a connection within the LAN, but I'm betting that will work too, from what I've seen before with my counter-strike server and other things (apache logs, etc.).

Thanks to everyone for the help. I'm guessing that there was something out of place with my ini file? Does EQEmu not like linux endlines?

I might play around with it some more if anyone's interested to know. Hell, I might play around with it for fun.

Thanks again for all the help!!! =D