PDA

View Full Version : Proper Procedure for Installing New DB

Fossil
04-20-2002, 06:39 AM
I was wondering if someone could possibly take a moment to explain the proper prodedure for setting up a new DB with EQEmu. I'm not familiar with programming or programming terms, but I did get EQEmu running by following the included directions and would like to install Araik's DB 9.0. However, I am not certain on how to go about this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS. Major Kudos to the EQEmu Team and everyone putting in the time and effort to compile new and updated DBs!

Lurker_005
04-20-2002, 07:19 AM
run mysql
mysql> drop database {your database name}
mysql> create database {your database name}
mysql> use {your database name}
mysql> source db9.sql

So in other words the only differance from installing the standard DB and ariak's (or drawde's) is droping your old DB, and the name of the DB file you source. You don't even have to drop your old DB, you can just use a new name, and change the database name in db.ini

If you want to use Lurker0.3 (see "another database" post) then unzip the files somewhere, put a copy of the EQEmu3.0 db.sql file with them and run:

import {your database name}

again if you use a new DB name, change your db.ini

Fossil
04-20-2002, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the reply :)

LANkrypt0
04-20-2002, 09:38 AM
Let me just ask to clarify.

As per the readme, the database name is eq.

So if I wanted to use Araik's DB I would just need to:

run mysql
[then type]
mysql> drop database eq
mysql> create database eq
mysql> use eq
mysql> source db9.sql

And that would source the db9.sql into the database named eq correct? And since it (database eq) is called in db.ini, that should work ok?

Thanks in advance.

Shawn319
04-20-2002, 10:01 AM
run mysql
[then type]
mysql> drop database eq;
mysql> create database eq;
mysql> use eq
mysql> source db9.sql

If you dont put the ";" in those two lines it will do nothing and return > (which is not mysql at all hehe)