PDA

View Full Version : quest::spawn(x,x,x,x,x,x) question

Charmy
05-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Was just wondering, when using quest::spawn command can you cause a mob to spawn outside the current zone? assuming ofcourse you have that zone up and running in the background, but i was just looking at the syntax for the quest:spawn command, and i didn't see any place to put a zoneid

quest::spawn(npc_type,grid,guildwarset,x,y,z);

could a custom line of code be added to the embparser.cpp to make it spawn somthing in an outside zone? just wondering was going to start writing a few quests and ones like epics could spawn mobs outside the zone so you could go give items to them or somthing i dunno anyway, any ideas on the matter would be much appriciated =)

Charmy
05-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Also was curious if you can set a certain amout of time that a mob remains up? that way if somone were to spawn a mob they actually have to go after it in a set amount of time. Thanks again =)

animepimp
05-12-2004, 01:42 AM
I you could spawn something in a different zone with the code as it is now. There is a notify event that lets one mob tell another mob that something happened. So that mob tells a invisible untargetable mob in another zone to spawn something in that zone. And yes you can make a mob only be up a certain time, just start a timer for them when they spawn and have a timer event that despawns them.

Charmy
05-12-2004, 12:58 PM
the quest::signal is the command i would use? or i think thats it, somthing like, and the timer thing i got working =) thanks for the info.

animepimp
05-12-2004, 02:50 PM
I believe that is the correct method. quest::signal and an EVENT_SIGNAL in the mob that is being signalled. And note that if the mob can recieve multiple different signals like to spawn different bosses you need to pass it info using the quest globals.

Charmy
05-12-2004, 03:17 PM
hmm. ok i think i can figure it out, if not you will see me back here =) thanks again for all the help.

cofruben
05-13-2004, 04:57 AM
anyone of here having problems with spawn function?It crashes my zone when I use it.

m0oni9
05-13-2004, 07:38 AM
I had a fix for the command queue a little bit ago. I don't know if it ever actually got merged in.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13906

May or may not fix things for you. Good luck.

edit: checked 5-19-04 source, and does not appear to be merged in

Charmy
05-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks appricate it much =)