PDA

View Full Version : Going up?

DeletedUser
04-22-2002, 01:13 PM
I want to thank the devs.... for telling me that i didn't know enuf about c++ to code lifts or anything complex like that.... I stand here today to prove you wrong...

as soon as i fix 1 minor error with my triggers (yes... i can now click on a button for the lifts and make the lifts go up)... i will be releasing my code... I also want to thank foley for figuring out the door struct further and allowing me to do this ;)

Talk to ya later,
Daeken M. BlackBlade

DeletedUser
04-22-2002, 01:18 PM
lol... that sux... i can't figure out what i did to break my trigger code... well, whatever... i'm going to release the broken code commented out in the source lol... everything works but triggered objects... so to use lifts you stand right next to the tree and click...

later,
daeken m. blackblade

Trumpcard
04-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Daek,
Just delete this post and pretend you never said anything...

LOL

Wheres the code? Didnt notice it attatched...

DeletedUser
04-22-2002, 01:26 PM
i fucked up my code pretty bad trying to get triggers to work lol... i'm still fixing it atm... should have it within 30 min or so... i'm deleting all the stuff i did b4 it stopped working lol

later,
daeken

DeletedUser
04-22-2002, 01:27 PM
lol! it wasn't the triggers at all hehe, i had a stray function that was screwing up a bunch of stuff... just gotta check out one thing ingame and i'll release it ;)

later,
daeken

Shawn319
04-22-2002, 05:49 PM
/me is guessing what the code will look like

If player->ClickLift == //TODO: Everything

stormgod
04-22-2002, 06:27 PM
ROFL !

Shortlived
04-22-2002, 08:11 PM
THe lifts are that hard to get to move? can you cheat it a lil? in oot the boat is a model...a spawn. You are going to have to make a path for it ect...couldn't you make the lift a spawn...and just path it? make the thing go up and down all day long...who needs a trigger anyway =p

DeletedUser
04-23-2002, 01:21 AM
Well, if it was a little bug, why hasnt he posted it now?

Also, we never said he couldn't do triggers & that stuff, we just said he couldnt make a pathing system for NPCs:P

Trumpcard
04-23-2002, 01:56 AM
He's just waiting to release it, his EQEMU conversion to xml rather than mysql, and his VB console control program all at the same time...

Truly a wonder of programming prowness.. So many projects, so little skill..

LOL

foley
04-23-2002, 05:55 AM
No, lifts aren't really that hard to make move, it's the same packet structure that is used to make a door open, the only hard part is you have to keep track of which lift the triggers open so you know which lift to open when the trigger is clicked(this is not handled in the packet structure at all to my knowledge, you have to keep track on the server in the database or script or whatever is being used these days). There are other things to consider too when you want to get advanced like you have to keep track of whether or not a lift is currently in motion and ignore any requests for it while it is, otherwise you could have people on the top and bottom of the lift continually triggering it and have the lift get stuck in the middle, when you really want the lift to go all the way up before it accepts the call to go down.

DeletedUser
04-23-2002, 06:16 AM
Lol! I like the posts hehe... turned out that the error that surfaced... was not the only one hehe, i messed up somewhere in this...

actually... getting the lifts working as well as they are now is no problem at all... i think i might rewrite my code real quick... now that i know how to do it it'll be a cakewalk...

peace out,
daeken

DeletedUser
04-23-2002, 06:28 AM
W000t! Here it is... http://cody.freeservers.com/eqemu-0.3.1.1.zip will be up in like 5 minutes hehe, gota upload it ;)

have fun,
Daeken M. BlackBlade

PS... there will be another release in about 20 minutes with triggers enabled... for now you have to stand right next to the tree on the bracket and click the lift ;) whatever... that's life hehe

bye

Shawn319
04-23-2002, 06:51 AM
Well its been 20 minutes and i still havnt seen the first "5 minute" release :)

DeletedUser
04-23-2002, 06:58 AM
stupid ass server won't let me upload it... will update ya when i find one of mine that will work...

DeletedUser
04-23-2002, 07:08 AM
http://www.geocities.com/daeken_9999/eqemu-0.3.1.1.zip

theer ya go.......

byezers,
daeken m. blackblade

Trumpcard
04-23-2002, 07:18 AM
If it works, I swear I'll shat an XML parser...

SAX no less...

stormgod
04-23-2002, 07:20 AM
tell us quickly if it works lol (without sending you in the sky )

DeletedUser
04-23-2002, 07:24 AM
it works hahahahahaha

no xml or anything like that.....

lol,

daeken

DeletedUser
04-23-2002, 07:47 AM
Wow I could have sworn I banned you, guess you didn't learn to get lost the first time. Youve worn out your welcome here.